links: shopping

Find a Nail Polish That Lasts – Consumer Reports News. Their most recommended is a $2 bottle of polish! It’s Sinful Colors brand, which I’ve been using for my toenails for a few years now. I’m stupidly thrilled to be validated for my frugality here. Via Super Punch.

Made in America: The Girls of a Certain Age. I had no idea some of these brands are made in the USA, this is a good list to keep in mind.

Rich People Gotta Upholster Too | dooce®. Sarah Brown on Restoration Hardware then and now. I second this.

I Have Been Waiting My Whole Life For This Butter Knife at The Frisky. That is indeed a very clever butter knife.

· comments [9] · 08-21-2014 · categories:links · shopping ·

• 1 Marika // Aug 21, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Love the article about restoration hardware. Needed a laugh this afternoon!

• 2 Jen // Aug 21, 2014 at 6:28 pm

I’m surprised they didn’t review popular brands like Essie and OPI nailpolish.

I’m unfamiliar with Sinful Colors. Maybe not sold in Canada.

• 3 Kelli // Aug 21, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Now I have a mission to find Sinful Colors somewhere in Bremerton…

• 4 Mamacita // Aug 22, 2014 at 1:19 am

CND Vinylux is legit. I’ve had it on my toes for four weeks now. It might not make that long on the fingers, but it’s worth the $ for the pedi, IMHO.

I’ve seen Sinful Colors at Walgreens, if that helps you guys.

• 5 Susan // Aug 23, 2014 at 3:51 pm

@Kelli, Fred Meyer carries loads of Sinful Colors here in Portland.

• 6 megan // Aug 23, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Mamacita – Thanks for letting us know! I rarely do my nails but my toenails are always painted.

Jen – the had another look at the study and it wasn’t exactly complete, still I’m excited they approve of my cheap polish

Kelli – Just a warning, most of the colors are garish but I have a solid red, a very flattering pink and a good poppy orange-red that are in heavy rotation on my toes.

• 7 Kate Omega // Aug 25, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Ah, I buy Sinful! It’s pretty cheap (in South Africa) and they have a great range of colours.

• 8 Jen // Aug 26, 2014 at 5:34 pm

That knife is totally awesome and I would probably buy it if I found it in a local brick-and-mortar store, but for now, my mandoline slicer is a great alternative since I, too, don’t keep butter around at room temp. I just don’t use it in that state often enough.

• 9 Clémentine // Aug 27, 2014 at 1:56 am

A “nail polish that last?” brought me here and I just realized I’ve spent way too much money on the one I’ve for years than I should have. Great tip thanks.