Kinder Surprise Egg A Day, Day 13

This is another one of the eggs I bought in Belgium. I started unwrapping it before taking the photo here, oops.

What? No little bits?

It’s a puzzle!

I’m always surprised at how much they can fit into the Kinder Surprise capsules and this is no exception. This is part of a wild animal theme, but this time the ostrich emu is way cuter than before.

· comments [6] · 10-27-2013 · categories:kindereggaday ·

• 1 Vee // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:15 am

I think that’s actually an emu, being an Australian bush scene.

• 2 KC // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:18 am

I think that’s supposed to be an emu pictured, not an ostrich, actually (no white “accent” feathers; three toes instead of two; the head and neck doesn’t really look like either bird, though). The rest of the animals in the puzzle are Aussie (well, crocodiles/alligators are all over the place), and it isn’t a cassowary, so odds are…

That is really impressive for how much puzzle you can fit in one Kinder egg, though! (And for being cute. Can’t forget the being cute. :-) )

• 3 Cara // Oct 27, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I’m loving your Kinder Surprise Eggs posts. I don’t want them to end!

• 4 Megan // Oct 27, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Oh shoot, it is an emu and here I am calling it an ostrich, what?!? I have a reason, but not an excuse, and it has to do with travel induced exhaustion (which I will go into later). Emu. Emu. I know what an emu is and I know what an ostrich is and I’m terribly embarrassed that I used the wrong word.

• 5 bravecanary // Oct 28, 2013 at 12:32 pm

BUT WAIT the toy is definitely an ostrich. This is an emu. The ratites are weird birds. It’s not your fault.

• 6 megan // Oct 29, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Bravecanary – Oof, thanks. I’m not at a point where I’m being careful enough to, you know, stay in my hotel room and look up birds instead of going outside and looking at castles :)