thing I like: Scarfshop scarves

I’d had a crush on Scarfshop scarves for a while. They are on blogs a lot but it wasn’t until I got to see Ugly Green Chair‘s growing collection that I ordered my first one. Very shortly followed by two more. They are a crinkly cotton that manages to be soft and lofty and warm all at the same time. They are hand dyed in small batches and in addition to the 20 regular colors there is monthly special color. I have Fog, Eggplant and Teal in the Giant size which is long enough to wrap around my neck twice, or once if I want it to drape dramatically. I love them more than seems entirely reasonable.

· comments [12] · 05-22-2013 · categories:shopping ·

• 1 dottie // May 22, 2013 at 10:16 am

What is the care like for them? (Asks the clumsy eater/drinker.)

• 2 megan // May 22, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Dottie – I machine wash and dry, or line dry (I like dry a lot of my things). The scarves have raw edges but I have very little trouble with them unraveling.

• 3 Maggie // May 24, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I have one of these too – I am wearing it right this minute. I love it and need another color. And yes, I just pop mine in the washer when it gets grubby and it line dries very quickly.

• 4 Darlene // May 26, 2013 at 4:09 am

Love the colors and styles. I’m ordering one. Thanks for sharing.

• 5 Beth // May 26, 2013 at 7:20 pm

What size do you like best?

• 6 martha // May 28, 2013 at 6:14 am

Thanks for the nice post Megan. I’m so glad you like your scarves!
    FYI: If you pop the scarf into the dryer on delicate for a few minutes when it’s damp, it will fluff up and it tightens up the edges too.
    I also do this to my dry scarves after I’ve worn them a few days if they seem a little limp.

• 7 megan // May 28, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Beth – I like the giant size, it’s dramatic but not ridiculous and it keeps me warm in drafty restaurants in the winter.

• 8 megan // May 28, 2013 at 10:46 pm

martha – Thanks for the tip!

• 9 Suzanne // May 29, 2013 at 9:12 pm

OH! I love scarfshop too! I have a Giant in my favorite green, but her new Spring colors are so amazing, I may have to add to my collection, in spite of the fact that my scarf collection is enormous and my lil daughter says I am not allowed to buy anymore unless I get rid of 2 for every new one…. worth it, I say…

• 10 Liv // Jun 12, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Okay so I got my scarf today and I love it but how do I get it to soften up? I washed and dried it thinking that was it, but it’s still a bit stiff and not as soft and cuddly as yours look. Do I just need to wear it a bit to break it in? I’m wondering if I maybe should have ordered a bigger size…I got the long and skinny and maybe there’s just not enough of the fabric to be cuddly?

• 11 megan // Jun 13, 2013 at 9:24 am

Liv – They do soften over time, and the giant size loses some volume as a result (still plenty big thought). I don’t have a long and skinny myself to tell you about, but don’t worry!

• 12 Liv // Jun 13, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Thanks for the reply :) I will be sure to wear it a lot to help it break in. And I’m thinking next time (there will be a next time!) I’m going for the big or giant.