Camp Mighty, good things are happening

I had a fabulous time at Camp Mighty earlier this month. There was lots of learning about inspiring projects, lounging by pools, connecting with new people (‘sup new peeps from Seattle?!) and visiting with old friends. Mostly though I was thrilled by the number of people I met who had amazing goals for their life and the year ahead, and I loved watching how sharing those goals meant finding people who were able and happy to help.

And! This year Bing was a sponsor of the camp and helped two campers with one of the things on their list and, shocker, I was one of those names pulled out of the jar. So I’ll be hosting my first dinner party for ten people with their help. I’m petrified and super excited and of course you’ll be hearing all about it. Thanks Bing!

Go Mighty is up and running and doing online what Camp Mighty does off. I’ve yet to get my list up there (a week visiting family around Thanksgiving means I’m a little behind) but good stuff is already coming from the site. I cannot wait to see what happens next.

· comments [10] · 11-27-2012 · categories:misc ·

• 1 Jill Vaughn // Nov 27, 2012 at 7:29 am

It was great to see you again! So excited for your dinner party win! Can’t wait to see pics.

Happy Entertaining!

xo
    Jill

• 2 jamie // Nov 27, 2012 at 9:04 am

i only heard terrible things about camp mighty this year – disorganized, sponsored to the hilt – i’d be interested to know your REAL thoughts about the experience.

• 3 Daffodil Campbell // Nov 27, 2012 at 10:11 am

I can’t wait to hear about the dinner party :) Yay! My favorite part of Camp Mighty is how it is like a gigantic game of Six Degrees of Separation. It makes me feel as though anything is possible. xo

• 4 sprizee // Nov 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

So exciting. Congratulations!

• 5 Sandra // Nov 27, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Can’t wait to hear about your dinner party! That’ll be fun…

• 6 Kristen Rask // Nov 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm

awesome! congrats!!!

• 7 megan // Nov 28, 2012 at 10:33 am

Thanks everyone! And Daffodil yes, I met some people from Seattle, and a bunch of people from Washington DC, where I have a bunch of family. It was great.

• 8 megan // Nov 28, 2012 at 10:41 am

Jamie – I agree that the balance of sponsors being out in front was out of balance this year, and I’ll be sending Camp Mighty that feedback. I didn’t feel it was disorganized with the exception of some microphone feedback, I’m curious what others found disorganized. Not a lot of people stayed for the last two talks of the camp – book publishing and business tips. I can agree that those aren’t applicable to everybody, though they were the focus that attendees indicated they wanted to learn about, but I learned really valuable information in both. I do wish there had been less blog and business related information, but again if that is what the attendees were interested in I cannot argue. That said, I would prefer to know the topics of the talks before the tickets go on sale.

• 9 Linda Geertsen // Nov 28, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I cannot begin to thank you enough for the introduction to Camp Mighty. This is the first time I’ve heard about this.

From Camp Mighty’s website: “The objective is to improve your life until it cannot be further improved.” OK!

I’m excited to read about and see photos of the dinner party. Congrats to you!

• 10 Melanie // Dec 5, 2012 at 12:54 pm

You forgot to mention how angelic you looked at the Space Party.

Seriously people…ANGELIC. And beautiful. :)