Seattle Ferris Wheel

This summer Seattle got it’s own ferris wheel. It’s on the waterfront so you get a view of the sound as well as a view of the buildings downtown. It’s super extra good if you accidentally manage to get on it while the sun is setting.

Apparently there is a VIP car with leather seats, a glass floor and a television screen. (It’s the darker car in the photo above.) It seems like an expensive ticket for a short ride but, well, it exists.

· comments [8] · 08-29-2012 · categories:seattle · travel ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Aug 29, 2012 at 5:18 am

I wouldn’t consider the VIP seat worth it unless it could generate that sunset view any time you got in. That is a gorgeous photo!

• 2 KC // Aug 29, 2012 at 7:26 am

I don’t grasp why one would watch TV while riding a ferris wheel. Any ideas?

More comfy seats than the average ferris wheel might be nice, though (but… probably not *that* nice).

• 3 lyndsey @ the stationery place // Aug 29, 2012 at 1:06 pm

i totally rode it last weekend! (we did not, however, opt for the VIP gondola. :) it was super fun, as far as ferris wheels go i guess. not sure i’ll ever need to ride it again, but for a one-time thing it was awesome.

• 4 Jess // Aug 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I’ll be in Seattle in a few months and I’m looking forward to riding the wheel!

• 5 Melissa // Aug 30, 2012 at 6:12 pm

It looks like the VIP gondola has a glass bottom so you have even more of a view. That said, it would still not pay extra for it. And it is puzzling why there would be a tv in it. If I remember correctly, the regular ride costs $15. That is expensive enough, thank you very much.

• 6 Seattle Mom Blogger // Sep 3, 2012 at 1:13 am

I think the big plus of the private gondola is that it’s yours alone. Still, I think I’d just opt for a day when it’s not busy and hope for the best. We’ve yet to make it to the waterfront to give it a try – I suppose we should soon as I’m guessing they’ll close for the winter.

Great pics!

• 7 megan // Sep 3, 2012 at 10:07 am

Seattle Mom – I didn’t realize that you get put in a gondola with strangers! We were a party of three people so we got a car to ourselves. But, yes, if you were hoping for something romantic I can see wanting to make sure you’re not in there with strangers. Still, it’s a short ride and expensive to end up sharing with others.

• 8 Anne-Marie Faiola // Sep 5, 2012 at 12:58 pm

What fun! I’ve been wanting to try it out since I heard it was going in.