links: misc

The Disappearing Double Chin Trick for Portrait Photography. Good to know.

XOXO Festival by Andy Baio — Kickstarter. Holy all things that are awesome, if I wasn’t in Seattle for the Dewit Design Camp that weekend (Sept. 15/16) I’d be in Portland for the XOXO Festival. Though, if I were going to the festival I’d be whining about missing the Dewit Design Camp. This too many awesome things is a good problem to have.

The Overthinking Person’s Drinking Game « Thought Catalog. It’s like they can see right into the inside my head. Via The Morning News.

Which PNW badges do you have? | Loobylu. I have so many of these! Wait, does “spotting a bear” include reading the fictional Twitter account of a real bear wandering through my neighborhood?

· comments [6] · 05-31-2012 · categories:links · misc ·

• 1 julie.k. // May 31, 2012 at 8:35 am

wow, love the jawline video – thanks for the link!! Amazing. I just tried some arm-length head shots of myself and even in crappy conditions (bad lighting, no makeup, and er, holding the camera myself) it made a difference!

• 2 Kate // May 31, 2012 at 8:48 am

Definitely have the “spotting a bear” badge… I’ve seen several camping in the coast range. I also have “owning a pair of keens” and “succumbing to flannel” for fashion badges. Also: “brew you own beer”, “get in a passive-aggressive standoff”, “blue tarp warrior camping in the rain”, and “being above using an umbrella”. I think Oregon has some specific ones like “mastering all the ridiculous pronunciations” e.g. couch =cooch willamette = will-AM-it Oregon = ory-gun Yachats= yahhh-haaahts

• 3 just barrie // May 31, 2012 at 12:16 pm

the jawline video is so right. before my wedding i was looking for ways to desolve the mysterious double chin that started showing up in photos months before (thanks 33-year-old skin) when my friend gave me basically the same advice as this video. she told me to point my chin downward and voila, no double chin wedding photos and now no double chin regular photos ever again!

• 4 Ellen // May 31, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Ok that jawline tutorial is the most useful thing I’ll see on the internet this week. Thanks!

• 5 Stea // May 31, 2012 at 8:20 pm

That jawline video made me feel so great about myself! I’ve been working hard to lose weight and get healthy but I can’t knock that lil’ double chin. You’ve liberated me!!!! *muah* tyvm

• 6 LisaB // Jun 10, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Adding to the chorus of thank yous for the jawline video – will definitely put that to use!!