happy leap day!

This leap day finds me in a sunny place where there are things like palm trees and cactus and swimming pools. Wish you were here but since you’re not I’m hoping you are someplace awesome too.

· comments [9] · 02-29-2012 · categories:misc ·

• 1 julia // Feb 29, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I love palm trees!!!!! looking at them makes me miss my life in Spain !

• 2 Elizabeth // Feb 29, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I hope you’re near Joshua Tree! If you are, and you’re so inclined, take the hike to the for real desert oasis/spring. It is completely, for reals, the neatest thing.

• 3 megan // Feb 29, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Elizabeth – I am indeed near Joshua Tree and if we have time we will take that hike, thanks for the recommendation!

• 4 Elena // Feb 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Ooh, did you finally make it out to Hicksville Trailer Palace?! My husband and I went to Hicksville based on your mention of it a while back… we had the best time.

• 5 Lauren Graves // Feb 29, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Ok — so I’m not here to post about Leap Day, but since it is Leap Day — YEA!! I love Leap Day! The reason I’m here is because I came across a photo of your bacon cups, which I think are FANTABULOUS, and I shared it on FB, not knowing where it came from and then a Friend of mine put your link on the comments, so now I know how to make this thing I am drooling over. I am so happy on this Leap Day to find your blog — I might leap on over to the kitchen and start making bacon cups.

• 6 Ellie // Feb 29, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I’ve actually gone quite the opposite direction, in snowy North Dakota FROM the desert, silly me… Have fun!

• 7 Megan // Feb 29, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Enjoy it! And bring some sunshine to the PNW when you return!

• 8 ansleybleu // Feb 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Aah, I heart desert hot springs. We always camp out at this rv park: http://www.samsfamilyspa.com/maps.html
    You may want to check out this bizarre place:
    or this unique zoo:

• 9 Breanne // Mar 29, 2012 at 9:07 am

I know I am late to the party, but I wanted to let you know that I got married on Leap Day this year. It was overcast and kind of rainy but we wouldn’t have changed a thing :)