Altitude Design Summit wrap up

I’m back from Alt! I had intended to post while I was there but the very first morning my computer got borked (fixed now, yay!). The slideshow for our panel was all ready to go so other than feeling slightly disoriented (but my internets need the looking at!) I was fine. As usual I barely remembered to take photos, here are the ones I managed to get.

A snowstorm hit the morning we were leaving and I got to experience a plane de-icing for the first time. By the end of the trip I was more than used to it.

The second night was a Winter Wonderland Party (Diner en Blanc) where everybody dressed in white. My rommates, Meg from A Practical Wedding and Tabitha from Glitter and Ganache looked hottt. Meg is currently on her book tour (yay!) and crossing the US by Amtrack. Go see her!

Our shoes, but of course.

The last day was busy, in the morning Susan from Freshly Picked, Ez from Creature Comforts and I got to sit down and talk with Anya from Project Runway in the HP suite. We met her briefly at the crowded and busy Project Runway Reunion Party so it was great to sit and chat. Anya was amazing, she had such a great perspective on the whirlwind that is her life at the moment and what she wants to do next. Thanks HP!

HP held a contest similar to our HP Challenge from last September and look! They used the croquis that I had found.

After that was our panel, I forgot to get a photograph showing the scary, scary microphone. I was nervous but not nearly as much as last year. Thanks to everybody who attended, you all had great questions.

This is what I wore. I was unable to get a photo where I was not making a silly face.

That night was the party with Rue La La, I attempted a self portrait in front of their photobooth backdrop. Again with the silly face making, this was the least strange looking of the bunch. When the Rue La La photos are up I’ll link to them all. I had a great time making silly faces on purpose with a bunch of people. Update: The Rue La La photobooth photos are posted here, everybody looks so cute!

Tiny grilled cheese and soup was served, love!

Drunken 2 a.m. infinity mirror pick!

And guess what? It snowed as I was leaving, more de-icing and more delays but I got home without too much trouble. Which was good because in addition to tons of great swag I also brought home a cold. Urg.

I had a wonderful few days and I only wish I’d had more time to talk to everybody instead of the brief hellos in passing. Next year lovelies!

· comments [16] · 01-23-2012 · categories:events ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Jan 23, 2012 at 3:53 am

It sounds like it is a great conference. Did you attend talks or just give talks?

• 2 megan // Jan 23, 2012 at 11:47 am

Oh yes, I attended all the talks I could. The first day was:
    – Building Relationships With Ad Networks and Sponsors
    – Keynote Session
    The Relationship Between Traditional & New Media with Pilar Guzman, Deborah Needleman, & Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, Moderated by Gabrielle Blair
    – From Blog to Book
    – Kickstarting Your Next Project

The next day was our panel then:
    – Keynote Session: How Pinterest Became The Next Game Changer with Ben
    – How to Make Yourself Press Worthy
    – Closing Keynote: Designing Your Life, Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project

There were a bunch of panels at the same time as the ones I attended that I wish I could have made it to, happens every year!

• 3 Molly // Jan 23, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Where is that adorable green skirt from? I’ve been trying to find one like it for months.

• 4 megan // Jan 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Molly – It’s this one from Nordstrom. It’s very flippy, and also static-y. I actually had to pack a full sized bottle of Static Guard and have a roommate spray me down the morning I wore it.

• 5 megan // Jan 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm

p.s. I am short so that skirt actually reaches my knees, as you can see.

• 6 Krys // Jan 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm

LOVE those bird shoes!! And whoever (you?) wore the red striped tights with the gold shoes.

• 7 megan // Jan 23, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Krys – Tabitha had the awesome bird shoes and I wore the gold flats with the striped tights (Betsy Johnson, bright pink) because my dress (the best I could find!) was so very very boring :D

• 8 brianne @ the ravenna girls // Jan 23, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I didn’t know you were roommates with Tabitha! She joined us on the thrifting tour and she found the MOST incredible stuff. She’s a good one to have around for sure! I was really glad to get to chat with you some more this weekend, thanks for being so awesomely nice to a baby blogger like me!! See you around town!

• 9 Nicole // Jan 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm

It was so good to see you again, as always!

• 10 Elle Sees // Jan 23, 2012 at 4:37 pm

The classiest 2am drunken lady I’ve ever seen, I must say.

• 11 Tara // Jan 23, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I can’t believe I missed the Alt boat this year… it just totally snuck up on me! Next year I’m going for sure.

• 12 Aimee Giese | Greeblemonkey // Jan 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Loved meeting you! :))

• 13 Brooke // Jan 23, 2012 at 10:30 pm

HOLY cow! Tomato soup/grilled cheese in shot glasses – probably my favorite “modern food trend” lately! lol…thank you for making me hungry!

Also I love your green skirt as well! So cute!

Anndddd super jealous you got to meet Anya! She’s so cool! Did anything surprise you about meeting her in person?

• 14 lyndsey @ the stationery place // Jan 24, 2012 at 12:06 am

those grilled cheese & soup things were off the hook! you looked so cute in every outfit. lucky for ME i don’t have to wait until next alt to hang out w/ you again! see you soon.

• 15 christine // Feb 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I’ve heard so many amazing things about the Alt Summit. Would love to go one year. x

• 16 Melissa W. // Feb 7, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Looks like you picked a red lipstick — what is it? Looks great!