We went to Urban Craft Uprising on Saturday and on the way I discovered that there was no memory card in my camera, so I didn’t get to take any pictures. But I did find a bunch of businesses that I liked:
Morse code necklaces by Coatt. (Secret messages!)
Posters by Row Boat Press, this Night Flight diptych is also glow in the dark.
Simple jewelry by Foamy Wader. I bought myself these in silver, they are delightfully light weight.
Really fun bias tape from Polly Danger.
Gorgeous enameled jewelry by Alisha Louise, you get to chose your color for each piece. I have my eye on this pull-though necklace.
These chiffon earrings from Muchodesign, she had a whole tree of them and they were delightfully flitty. Is that a word?
An LED Sewing Kit from Sternlab which was sold by the lovely Moxie, who offers this Needle Felted Coin Cell Battery Pack tutorial so you can create your own glowy pendant.
Jewelry by Dottyspeck. I have some earrings similar to this design that I picked up from the CakeSpy Shop and adore them.
See also: I listed businesses I went to see there in a previous post. Love them all.
· comments  · 07-12-2011 · categories:seattle · shopping ·
· comments  · 07-11-2011 · categories:links · technology ·
Urban Craft Uprising is this weekend here in Seattle! They are stuffed full of my favorite vendors, here are just a few:
- CakeSpy, paintings, cards, cute stuff
- Crystalyn Kae, fabulous handbags
- Devout Dolls, wonderfully strange dolls
- Erin MacLeod, snap together skirts (I have a skirt of hers and it gets more compliments than any of my other clothes)
- Ex Libris Anonymous, blank journals bound from old book covers
- Idolatre, perfectly different clothing
- Jill Bliss, paper and fabric goods printed with her lovely designs
- Matthew Porter Art, childrens books, illustrations and goods (he made the poster you see above)
- My Paper Crane, adorable and fun plush goods
- Sam Trout, screenprinted t-shirts and sweatshirts
- Schmancy, handmade pins and pouches
- Slow Loris, t-shirts and silkscreens with distinctive designs
- Texture Clothing, comfy, flattering cothing (my purple shirt is from Texture)
- This Charming Candy, lollipops in deliciously grown up flavors
- Yarnia, custom DIY yarns
There are so many vendors this time around that I have not heard of, and lots of them are foods (ice cream! cake pops! preserves! gluten-free treats!).
update: See which businesses I found and loved at the show.
· comments  · 07-8-2011 · categories:events · seattle · shopping ·
· comments  · 07-8-2011 · categories:food · links ·
Where to go around Western Washington? | Ask MetaFilter. Day trips from Seattle, I should try to do all of these.
catskills guide | Design*Sponge. I must get myself to this place.
Stop Paying Attention – I Love You Chicago; Page 2. Lucy says goodbye to Chicago and gifts us a huge list of her favorite places there.
· comments  · 07-7-2011 · categories:links · travel ·
Last month we went to the Georgetown Carnival here in Seattle. There was a giant community Jenga game set up and I managed to be there to watch it fall twice.
· comments  · 07-6-2011 · categories:misc · seattle ·
For our anniversary Scott got me The Badass Perforated (aka Egg) Spoon. It’s made to allow the runny bits of egg white separate so you can make a tidy looking poached egg. It works!
· comments  · 07-5-2011 · categories:dailyphoto · food · shopping ·
· comments  · 07-5-2011 · categories:links · misc ·
This is the housing for the top of the elevators and stairs on the roof of the parking garage at a Target store nearby. But all I can see is a level in Portal 2.
· comments  · 07-1-2011 · categories:dailyphoto · shopping ·
flower drinking straws – The Crafts Dept. Simple and lovely.
How-To: Hedge Maze Area Rug @Craftzine.com blog. I have a special litle spot in my heart for hedge mazes.
make grow gather – summercraft: picnic weights. These super easy polka dot rocks are so cute it hurts.
Rocket Candy Crackers – The Crafts Dept. I am Wish I’d Thought Of That level in love with this.
swissmiss | Woven Gift Toppers. Very cool.
· comments  · 07-1-2011 · categories:craft · links ·