links: shopping

Welcome – Stitch & Hem. A brand new online marketplace dedicated to custom made clothing, that is all made to measurement. As a pear shaped petite woman I would love to find a dress that actually fits and this site looks like the perfect resource for that. I think I have a crush on this gingham dress.

Martha Stewart Faux Bois Tree Stand – Grandin Road. If we had real trees at Christmas I would absolutely buy this. It’s a wide fake tree trunk that waters your real tree. Oops! It’s actually for artificial trees.

How to Buy the Perfect Gift for Your Niece or Nephew | The Hairpin.

CB2 – bamboo dry erase. I wonder if I could fit this into my office room?

swissmiss | Just launched: Tattly. Awesome temporary tattoos created by designers.

· comments [6] · 07-18-2011 · categories:links · shopping ·

• 1 julie.k. // Jul 18, 2011 at 4:59 am

I love that gingham dress. That tree stand is SO neat! I wish they had a pic of it with a tree in it. We always have a real tree and I don’t like tree skirts, so I’m always trying different ways to make the base of the tree look nice. My current favorite is to put the stand inside a big metal tub.

• 2 Shannon // Jul 18, 2011 at 8:18 am

Hey Megan, I checked out the tree stand and it looks like it’s actually for an artificial tree- not a real one.

From the description: “Fits most 7-1/2′ –9′ artificial trees”

You should totally buy it!

• 3 megan // Jul 18, 2011 at 10:40 am

Shannon – Yikes, thank you!

• 4 Nella // Jul 18, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Hey Megan, did you know that “Not Martha” is one of Metafilter founder, Matt Haughey’s top 5 Blogs? Congrats!

• 5 Stephanie // Jul 19, 2011 at 1:24 am

Hey Megan -
    there’s a local seattle company that makes the bamboo dry erase boards too. They sell the at click! in the west sea junction.

• 6 megan // Jul 19, 2011 at 9:55 am

Stephanie – Thanks! It’s been a while since I’ve been over to Click.

Nella – I did, thanks so much for the note!