grapefruit tarragon infused vodka attempt

grapefruit and one half a bottle of vodka in a too small jar

Pro tip: When making grapefruit and tarragon infused vodka in order to have some salted tarragon grayhounds ready for Sunday you might want to keep in mind that 750ml of vodka + one whole grapefruit > a one liter jar. Duh.

· comments [8] · 07-13-2011 · categories:drink ·

• 1 Carrie // Jul 13, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I recently made a few infused vodkas and in everything I read they suggested not including the pith because it’s bitter and can really leave an intense bitter aftertaste. Food for thought…

• 2 megan // Jul 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Thanks Carrie, in this case I’m following the recipe. I really enjoy bitter things so I’m looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

• 3 jeannette // Jul 13, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Another variation: this has been my husband’s signature cocktail for years: The Maestro, vodka/tonic with a splash of grapefruit juice (a fresh squeeze of pink is even better!!) SO GOOD.

• 4 MamaLana // Jul 13, 2011 at 4:42 pm

My Russian Mother’s orange or lemon-infused vodka made for Easter celebrations was simple: remove a quarter cup of vodka out of a liter bottle (and do whatever you want with it!) and slip in an entire thinly sliced lemon or orange peel (with minimal pith) into the bottle. After about a month, you have a gorgeous, delicious liter of citrus-infused vodka; place the bottle in the freezer. (For a real kick, substitute the peel with 1-2 tsp of red pepper flakes. Wow!)

• 5 Ren Lady Of The Arts // Jul 13, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I love making infused vodka- my last one was this:

• 6 ania.the.map.cutter // Jul 13, 2011 at 9:37 pm

yum!

• 7 Christina Coursey // Jul 14, 2011 at 6:43 am

Ummm. . My friend did this and there are many occasions where I would sip on it straight with a few ice cubes

• 8 Seanna Lea // Jul 14, 2011 at 7:19 am

I’ve made cranberry vodka and krupnik (I’ve also seen it called Polish Fire Vodka). I love how fun and easy infusing vodka is!