Urban Craft Uprising wrap-up

We went to Urban Craft Uprising on Saturday and on the way I discovered that there was no memory card in my camera, so I didn’t get to take any pictures. But I did find a bunch of businesses that I liked:

Coatt jewelry with small round beads and long skinny beads spelling out messages in morse code

Morse code necklaces by Coatt. (Secret messages!)

Row Boat Press poster of a night sky

Posters by Row Boat Press, this Night Flight diptych is also glow in the dark.

Foamy Wader quartz necklace

Simple jewelry by Foamy Wader. I bought myself these in silver, they are delightfully light weight.

Polly Danger polka dotted bias tape

Really fun bias tape from Polly Danger.

Alisha Louise pull through necklace with leaf shapes

Gorgeous enameled jewelry by Alisha Louise, you get to chose your color for each piece. I have my eye on this pull-though necklace.

Muchodesign shriveled chiffon earrings, like feathers

These chiffon earrings from Muchodesign, she had a whole tree of them and they were delightfully flitty. Is that a word?

Sternlab LED kit with batter, leds and conductive thread

An LED Sewing Kit from Sternlab which was sold by the lovely Moxie, who offers this Needle Felted Coin Cell Battery Pack tutorial so you can create your own glowy pendant.

Dottyspeck necklace with a simple, almost Orla-ish design

Jewelry by Dottyspeck. I have some earrings similar to this design that I picked up from the CakeSpy Shop and adore them.

See also: I listed businesses I went to see there in a previous post. Love them all.

· comments [9] · 07-12-2011 · categories:seattle · shopping ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Jul 12, 2011 at 6:35 am

These are lovely. I especially love the Dottyspeck pendant. I have no training in metalwork, so it is always especially attractive to me.

• 2 ania.the.map.cutter // Jul 12, 2011 at 9:43 am

Oh, I really wanted to go, but was busy putting together a wonderful baby shower for my best friend! Thank you for capturing some of the vendors… Love love love the secret message necklaces. Stunning in their simplicity.

• 3 megan // Jul 12, 2011 at 11:38 am

Seanna Lea – I like all of the Dottyspeck stuff, the earrings I have are delightfully light weight.

• 4 megan // Jul 12, 2011 at 11:39 am

Ania – They are! I hope the baby shower went wonderfully.

• 5 Kristen // Jul 12, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I was able to swing by on Sunday afternoon (note to self: inventory may be low with some vendors, but most vendors put their stuff on sale in the last few hours). I loved the Morse Code jewelry and the Row Boat Press prints as well (especially the bumble bees). I covered some additional vendors in my review post here: http://insweetviolets.com/blog/?p=788.

• 6 megan // Jul 12, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Thanks Kristen!

• 7 Cami // Jul 13, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I can’t even pick one piece of jewelry that is my favorite…gosh, they are all SO super cute!!!

<3-Cami

New to blogging – nice to meet you!

• 8 Berit // Jul 15, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Oh, thank you! I fell in love with that Dottyspeck necklace at the winter Urban Craft Uprising. My sweet friend secretly bought it for me, but after the show neither of us could remember the name of the vendor. Now maybe I can return the favor :) …the wishbone necklace is looking mighty fine.

• 9 megan // Jul 16, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Berit – I’m so glad I could reintroduce you, I love her stuff.