links: food

TJ’s Delivery Service: Trader Joe’s Groceries to Your Door | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn. I can see really needing some Jo-Jos.

What cooking shows other than the late Good Eats talk about why things are done the way they are? | Ask MetaFilter.

Design Crush » Whiskey Stone Shot Glasses. Like those whiskey stones that cool without diluting. I think we need these shot glasses.

Pop Star: Jennifer « bakerella.com. This is excellent, a monster cake with many cake pop eyeballs on stalks.

The Emerald City « Tea & Cookies. I like this salad, and the lady who wrote about it!

Imbibe Unfiltered: A New Hop Variety Pops in Stone’s Latest Brew.

· comments [6] · 07-8-2011 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 Christine // Jul 8, 2011 at 8:52 am

re: cooling off your scotch
    My boyfriend bought a latex baby food freezer tray to make ice cubes. The cubes are quite large and don’t melt as fast as regular ice (less surface area). One cube fits quite nicely in the glass and looks pretty cool.

• 2 Lauren // Jul 8, 2011 at 9:55 am

Couldn’t you use one of those Jello egg trays to make round-ish ice ‘cubes’? Has that been done before?

• 3 Michelle // Jul 8, 2011 at 10:52 am

I made Tea’s Emerald City Salad and promptly decided to eat the entire thing in one city. She is a rocking lady for sure!

• 4 megan // Jul 8, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Christine and Lauren – There are a number of ways to get spherical ice for whiskey, the sphere is preferred because it has the least amount of surface area and therefore melts the slowest. I have ice molds that are about 2.5 inches across from both Daiso and Muji. I, however, drink whiskey straight :)

• 5 megan // Jul 8, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Michelle – That salad is originally from our local PCC Markets, they also give recipes for what they serve in their prepared foods counters but I cannot remember if the Emerald salad is among them. In any case, yes, the salad is great and I never thought I’d be somebody who loves what I grew up thinking of as hippie food!

• 6 Seanna Lea // Jul 14, 2011 at 9:46 am

Good Eats was one of my favorite shows when we had the Food Network. It is sad that it is gone (going, obviously I don’t watch FN anymore).