links: shopping

A Bike Helmet That Doesn’t Make You Look Like a Dork | The Hairpin.

Feather Earrings Blue Leather by MissFluff on Etsy. I like the juxtaposition of weight and feather lightness in these earrings. Check out the feathers necklace as well.

Jordan Ferney | Oh Happy Day!: New BHLDN Party Supply Line. I love these decorations.

How to Shop at Discount Stores Without Looking Cheap | The Hairpin.

i make shiny things : Not cool Urban Outfitters, not cool. Urban Outfitters blatantly rips off an independent artist. Again. A friend of mine has one of the Truche necklaces and it’s lovely./p>

The Jackie Cardigan, a favorite of The Ugly Green Chair (who I trust to do my shopping for me).

· comments [10] · 06-13-2011 · categories:links · shopping ·

• 1 julie.k. // Jun 13, 2011 at 5:46 am

I’m hooked on the jackie cardi too. They come out with new colors every year, to keep us buying, haha. I love the fit and fabric and they DON’T PILL. They are actually don’t wear them in Winter (since I live in MI) but I use them for the other 3 seasons!

• 2 julie.k. // Jun 13, 2011 at 5:49 am

note to self: don’t try and leave comments on blogs while doing 3 other things, or you’ll wind up with horrendous typos -

• 3 amy // Jun 13, 2011 at 8:13 am

I totally agree that urban outfitters rips off material from artists but in this case the originator is not so cut and dry. Looks for the subject on regretsy. Truche definitely did not originate this design.

• 4 megan // Jun 13, 2011 at 10:33 am

Julie K – No trouble, I do that too!

Amy – Interesting. I’ll read up about it, thank you.

• 5 steffy // Jun 13, 2011 at 10:42 am

Oh, now I am addicted to that leather jewelry etsy. I love everything! I love feather jewelry and everything she makes is lovely. Thanks for the link, I will definitely be making a purchase soon.

• 6 anne // Jun 14, 2011 at 9:51 am

I have like a dozen of those cardigans. JCrew outlet store always saves me. I buy them and wear them every darn day.

• 7 Katie Rose // Jun 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I read about the Urban Outfitters debacle, too, but have you read this?

• 8 H // Jun 15, 2011 at 8:33 am

There is a girl in my neighbourhood who has one of those helmets (or one like it), and every time she bikes past me I feel flabbergasted (and she looks fantastic – she’s got a beautiful cruiser bike too, and looks like she belongs maybe in paris instead of my little prairie town).

• 9 Seanna Lea // Jun 15, 2011 at 9:09 am

I really want a nicer looking bike helmet. The hat style is adorable, but unfortunately out of my price range.

• 10 Chris Steen // Aug 1, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Urban Outfitters stinks but James Avery Jewelry has been making those state charms since I was a little girl and I am 32 now.