daily-ish photo: bacon maple bar from Frost

maple bacon bar from Frost donuts

We found ourselves out near Frost Donuts (a short drive away from Seattle) so we stopped in. I’d read a lot about it but I wasn’t prepared for how amazing the donuts look (take a peek at that Aztec Chocolate, go on), how adorably designed the shop was, and how really, really good the donuts were. I didn’t mean to eat this whole one but I did. We are definitely going to find a reason to swing by again soon.

· comments [17] · 06-6-2011 · categories:dailyphoto ·

• 1 Katie // Jun 6, 2011 at 12:34 pm

My kids and I love bacon on anything! Not too long ago, we picked up huge maple bars from our favorite donut shop, cooked up some crispy bacon and layered them right over the top of the maple icing (my 6-year old’s idea). AMAZING! Now he wants to try dipping the bacon in dark chocolate first for an even more decadent take on the maple bacon bar.

• 2 Linda // Jun 6, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Frost is my favorite donut place. Thankfully I don’t live too close to them!

• 3 ThisCharmingCandy // Jun 6, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I call their Glazed French Imperial, “The Life Changer”. It’s a light-as-air crueller, cut in half, with a layer of creme in the middle. SO GOOD.

• 4 Julia // Jun 6, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I love me some donuts, I really do and I want to love Frost, but I always leave there feeling let down. I wish their donuts tasted as gorgeous as they look, but sadly I think they’ve missed the mark.

• 5 tracy // Jun 6, 2011 at 1:36 pm

i would do anything for that donut….ANYTHING.

• 6 Ginger // Jun 6, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Yes, but someone PLEASE license out their coffee! It’s really terrible. Bring someone else’s espresso cart in, find a new roaster, anything. I don’t bother stopping in there anymore because the coffee really is so bad it affects my enjoyment of the donuts.

• 7 Michele // Jun 6, 2011 at 6:59 pm

My southern Texas friend calls this ‘pig candy’
    Thick slices of bacon
    a single layer on a cookie sheet
    topped with a thick layer of brown sugar
    Bake until crisp.
    Yum! Crumbled on top of a maple bar- heaven on a donut.

• 8 Maple Bars Topped with Bacon « Damon Tucker: Hawaii News and Big Island Information // Jun 6, 2011 at 7:38 pm

[...] daily-ish photo: bacon maple bar from Frost (notmartha.org) [...]

• 9 Min // Jun 7, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I love maple donuts, but I never thought of combining them with bacon. What a brilliant idea!

• 10 jaclyn @ thelateafternoon // Jun 7, 2011 at 11:36 pm

my bf and i went on a “donut hunt” this past rainy saturday in search of the best donut. unfortunately, we didnt stumble upon a bacon maple bar, but i wish we did! this look delicious!

• 11 Emily // Jun 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Someone brought Frost donuts into work a few weeks ago. I chose the Southern Red Velvet and oh my gosh I nearly died it was so good. I’ve been thinking about it every day since. Want one now!!!

• 12 kgroovy // Jun 9, 2011 at 5:29 pm

oh yea made a special trip up there to try them based on Jessie’s recommendation. Totally worth the rental car.

• 13 Cathy // Jun 11, 2011 at 5:04 am

When we were last in Seattle (from Boston) we made a trip to Frost. And then SIL went later in the week. We were staying with her in Kirkland, so it’s not like we were that close. Didn’t try the Maple Bacon Bar, but can’t wait to go back to try another half dozen. (we had german chocolate, red velvet, sour cherry marcona, chocolate peanut butter, salted caramel and… something else. Did I mention this was last August?)

• 14 Chari // Jun 11, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I can’t believe you were so close to where I live and I didn’t get to meet you. I’ve lurked on your site for YEARS and love everything you do. Frost is just down the road from me. We even get awesome coupons in the mail for them ;) Next time try the salted caramel crueller. Amazing!

• 15 Michelle // Jun 12, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Wow there’s really bacon on there! How was it??

• 16 Seanna Lea // Jun 13, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Donut King is a great place in my area, but none of their donuts sound as amazingly spectacular as some of these. I wish I could have the lemon one just mailed to me, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be as good after a couple of days in the post.

• 17 amy // Jun 28, 2011 at 12:28 am

Donut looks so darn tasty. And bacon on top!