links: Easter

custard served in real egg shells
Sprinkle Bakes: Breakfast for Dessert: Boiled Custard Eggs, Shortbread Soldiers and Coffee on a Stick. More faux eggs, via Edible Crafts.

a pastry horn made to resemble a carrot
Hungry Happenings: Fun idea for an Easter Brunch – Carrot Crescents Filled with Egg Salad. These are so cute.

hot cross buns
Hot Cross Buns | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond. Yum.

knot buns with raisin eyes, very cute
Bread roll chicks | Flickr. These knotted bread roll chicks are adorable. I couldn’t find the specific entry but they are from The Secrets of Our Supper.

two pyanski eggs
Minimalist Pysanky @Craftzine.com blog.

cute felt carrots
Felt Carrot pattern, at I Make Stuff. (Warning: PDF). I love the line of stitching that dds a bit of detail to these.

napkins folded in a bunny shape
Bunny Fold Napkins at Martha Stewart. This is an old one but a good one and it’s been popping up on Pinterest lately. And I like it as a last minute way to add Easter decoration.

· comments [20] · 04-21-2011 · categories:holidays · links ·

• 1 Nat@ dear little house // Apr 21, 2011 at 7:43 pm

How cute are the little chick rolls? Love!

• 2 brianne @ the ravenna girls // Apr 21, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Ah, perfect. I’d been looking for a Hot Cross bun recipe for this weekend and hadn’t thought of The Pioneer Woman yet. Thanks for the tiP!

• 3 Michele // Apr 21, 2011 at 9:16 pm

After a quick search I found instructions on how to make the Bread Roll Chicks! I think my children and I will be making these for Easter! Thanks for the inspiration!

• 4 Erin // Apr 21, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I did the bunny fold napkins last year. It was very cute, but only worked with the thinnest of my napkins because of how many folds there are — definitely would work best with very thin linen, somewhat slippery cloths.

Totally doing the carrot crescent rolls this year. SO adorable. Yay for Amazon Prime delivering me the cream horn molds in time for easter!

• 5 gail // Apr 22, 2011 at 6:21 am

Here’s the link from the original blog on how to make the chick rolls — there’s a video!

• 6 Beth at Hungry Happenings // Apr 22, 2011 at 6:59 am

Hi Megan,

Thanks so much for posting a link to my Crescent Roll Carrots. I have visited your blog so many times. You have some really fantastic ideas and I’m honored that you thought enough of my recipe to post it on your blog.

• 7 ania // Apr 22, 2011 at 7:20 am

Those chick rolls are the cutest breads I have ever seen! They will be perfect for easter basket blessing!

• 8 Charlene // Apr 22, 2011 at 11:15 am

All simply adorable! Ok, I’m getting older and my eyesight isn’t what it was. At first glance, I thought the bread was actually raw salmon wrapped around some cream cheese or something, which I thought would be yummy. However, when I saw how easy it was to make those crescent carrots, I was hooked. Great Idea.

• 9 sarah @ two tarts // Apr 22, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Um, those chick rolls are adorable!

Also, thought you might be interested in our recent attempt to dye Easter eggs with only whole foods (beets, blueberries): http://www.two-tarts.com/2011/04/naturally-dyed-easter-eggs.html

• 10 Seanna Lea // Apr 22, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I love the chick rolls, which is too bad for me! I am probably making dinner tomorrow night for a friend who observes Passover. I cannot fathom a way to make a no grain-no leavening way to make those rolls.

• 11 Amy M. // Apr 22, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I really like that you’re using photos with the links!

• 12 Sonny - Kids' Craft Videos // Apr 22, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Hi, didn’t you feature a paper bunny (origami) craft recently that had something to do with the Chinese zodiac (this being the Year of the Rabbit)? Do you have the link to that?

• 13 Lauren // Apr 23, 2011 at 7:00 am

Thank you, Erin. I just tried with my (unstarched) regular napkins and have a decidedly un-rabbit-like blobby triangle.

I am not buying new napkins for this. :)

• 14 Quick and Easy Easter « Chocolate & Toast // Apr 23, 2011 at 6:47 pm

[...] I have no pictures, I have no post for you.  Nor could I find a good one to link to – just  this picture on the Not Martha site, which she found on Flikr, again with no recipe or instructions.  [...]

• 15 Erin // Apr 24, 2011 at 7:12 pm

My carrot crescent rolls turned out pretty well, I just wish the molds were twice the size so I could have put more filling in! http://www.flickr.com/photos/eec/5651153695/

• 16 Erin // Apr 24, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Lauren — no joke! I didn’t want to buy new napkins for it either, so I didn’t repeat the experiment this year :) I couldn’t really find any fun Easter napkin folding that didn’t require a ton of folds (hence wouldn’t work with everyday linen) or two different napkins (ex: orange and green for carrots). Impractical!

• 17 ania @ papercutworks // Apr 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I rally dig the Minimalist Pysanky! I don’t think they’re that minimalist at all. I used to dye eggs with onion skins and then scratch the designs off with a knife of other sharp object… These look more modern though.

• 18 Out2lunch // Apr 25, 2011 at 11:50 am

Love the bread chicks, so cute! ^_^
    Also just wanted to let you know that, unfortunately, your beautiful photos still refuse to show up in my Safari RSS reader.

• 19 bestmishu // Apr 25, 2011 at 11:37 pm

• 20 Stephane // Mar 27, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Hi there. I found the post in the blog for the bread knots. Boy are those cute!