almost daily photo: April 14th

[three-quarter inch circles of tissue paper in yellows and pinks in a white bowl, poorly lit]

Today was way better than yesterday, or so I thought. At lunch I dropped off the last document needed for our tax people to do our taxes, I got all the stuff needed to make dinner, I gathered and bagged the recycling for collection tomorrow, I got everything ready to take photographs of the Easter project I have in mind for this year, I did dishes, I washed and chopped kale, I cleaned out the fridge, I cleared the dining room table of miscellaneous mail and I was feeling triumphant and smart (I was listening to The Tobolowsky Files, it makes me feel smart) and nearly I felt like I actually had my stuff together until Scott got home and discovered that all of my keys were still in the lock of the door. Just hanging there, forgotten. In my rush to turn off the alarm when I came home I failed to actually remove my keys from the lock. Way to go, me.

Anyhow, the photograph above is a sneak peek at what I’m doing for Easter. Sort of.

· comments [12] · 04-14-2011 · categories:dailyphoto ·

• 1 Jen // Apr 14, 2011 at 6:43 pm

both my boss and I have done that with the front door to the office. The time he did it, I found them when I arrived and the time I did it, the buiding super found them walking by. It totally sounds like something I would do, but it’s highly out of character for him.

• 2 megan // Apr 14, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Jen – Hee hee, it’s not much out of character for me, sadly. I seem to be very adept at losing my keys, this time I just didn’t notice they were missing.

• 3 Beth // Apr 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I do that too! Sometimes I don’t notice until the next day when I go to take the garbage out.

• 4 Mrs. Kinne // Apr 15, 2011 at 4:01 am

I have left my keys in the the lock more times than I would like to admit.

However, I can’t think of the last time I cleaned out the fridge, so you definitely have your stuff together in ways that I do not!

• 5 Seanna Lea // Apr 15, 2011 at 6:56 am

I do that on a pretty frequent basis. Usually my husband finds them, because he makes it home after I do most days.

You were super duper productive. Cleaning the fridge is definitely part of my to do list!

• 6 Natasha // Apr 15, 2011 at 7:12 am

Ha, the keys thing… that is so totally me as well! My husband just rolls his eyes anymore, he is so used to it by now! I’ll make sure to tell him I am not the only one :P

• 7 Sara L. // Apr 15, 2011 at 8:51 am

I love the Tobolowsky files! He is such a great storyteller. And my husband does the key thing all the time, one time in the door of the car in a parking garage. Whoops!

• 8 Kelly // Apr 15, 2011 at 9:07 am

Despite the keys, I’d say you’re having a fantastically productive day. Thanks for the Tobolowsky mention. Will check that out. I think you’re due for another “Podcasts I’m listening to” post.

• 9 Suniverse // Apr 15, 2011 at 11:37 am

I hate leaving my keys in the door.

Of course, worse is when I’m turning back into the driveway after a few hours away and realize I never bothered to shut the door.

So happy my neighbor is super nosy at times like this.

• 10 Ev // Apr 15, 2011 at 1:54 pm

We have to wait til next week to see what you have dreamed up for Easter?! Drat!

• 11 megan // Apr 15, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Suniverse – I’ve been thinking about that too, though I’ve really only added three: Slate’s Culture Gabfest, WTF and Tobolowsky Files.

• 12 eva sardina // May 4, 2011 at 5:08 am

i left my keys like that once on the outer side of my car door for two hours. dont’ feel bad – i keep saying to myself it’s normal :P