thing I like: MIA boots

MIA2 knee high black boots

This year I decided to get a pair of knee high boots. I’m short so I was trying to stay away from boots with big details because I feel like they would overwhelm me. I could be wrong but I like to work my way up to things. I chose these MIA 2 Pali Boots and they’ve become my favorites. We went away last weekend and I only brought these and a pair of flip flops for the pool, this is saying something as I nearly always over pack shoes just in case. The soles of these are flexible rubber that is just bouncy enough and they’ve never given me blisters. The zippers are on the outsides of the legs and are a nice chunky weight. The detail that really sold me, though, was that the snap closure on the sides holds down the zipper pull. The boots are made of thin leather and do crumple a bit at the ankle, no more or less than any other pair of boots but the smooth ankle shown in the picture isn’t how they actually look when worn.

my feet on the dining room table

Above: my feet on the dining room table, that is a large copper cookie cutter of the Eiffel Tower which I have to return to a friend there in the background.

I really like that the folds over the vamp break up the line of the foot and give it a cute edge, I think they make my feet look smaller. (I know I’m the only one noticing the size of my feet, but still.) They are on sale right now and I almost want to buy a pair in the dark or light brown color.

MIA2 knee high black boots

If I’d been paying closer attention I would have seen these similar but higher quality MIA Women’s Bridgeport Riding Boot, which are on sale for almost half price right now. I’d buy these in a second if they were still available in my size. Maybe in tan. Darn. (Ooh, they are still available here in my size. Tempting. Seeing how much I like the other pair I think these would be worth it.)

Quick note: The Amazon and Endless links above are affiliate links, which means should you choose to buy something I get a small percentage which goes to help cover hosting costs for this here website. No pressure.

· comments [15] · 04-5-2011 · categories:shopping ·

• 1 danielle // Apr 5, 2011 at 12:24 pm

these are really cute, but some of the reviews on endless.com say that the faux leather cracks after a couple of wearings. have you had any of those issues?

also, do they run true to size? i know boots often run small, and i normally order a half size up from my normal size, but the half size up is sold out in black and i’m tempted to order my normal size, but if there’s no chance of them fitting i won’t bother.

• 2 Sarah Rose // Apr 5, 2011 at 1:07 pm

6pm.com has these very boots for $35 today!

(I hopes it’s ok I posted a web address to a non-affiliate site… FYI, I have no affiliation with 6pm.com,)

• 3 megan // Apr 5, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Sarah – No trouble with the other link, though I’ve moved it up into your text, great price. I’ve been wearing mine almost daily for about three months now and no cracking at all. I’ve worn them in lots of rainy weather, but I have not worn them in snow or extreme cold. Before I put them in storage for the winter I’ll clean them and rub them with a leather oil.

As for size I’m a 7 1/2 or 8 in shoes and I bought the 7 1/2 and have no trouble with them being too tight or rubbing in the toes. That said, I think the Bridgeport style would last longer.

• 4 Rosa // Apr 5, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Those are wonderful boots! I’m short too, and I bought a pair of knee high boots a couple of years ago that lace up the front. Big mistake! Wish I could trade them for a pair like you got!

• 5 Hypothetical Woman // Apr 5, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Oh, what gorgeous boots! I’ve been trying to find the perfect black boots since my beloved Doc Marten ‘Dana’ boots wore through a few years ago and I subsequently found they don’t make them anymore, and you can’t get high-heeled DMs resoled, either. Woe is me…

• 6 sje2001 // Apr 5, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I have these boots too! I was looking at them on my feet about a week ago thinking, “Man, this has been a great pair of boots.” I usually either like the way boots look or think they are comfortable. These look cool, but that are also so freaking comfy. LOVE THEM.

• 7 Betty // Apr 5, 2011 at 7:55 pm

CURSES! My dang popular foot size… then again, being unemployed and all, I probably shouldn’t be buying any more boots… I certainly don’t need yet another pair of black boots…. I don’t. And I’m not going to search hither and yon to find them… no I am not.

• 8 Absquatulate // Apr 6, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Of course now that you’ve posted about them they will be impossible to find because they are quite nearly the perfect boot! *sigh* I’m with Betty though: my super-popular foot size means I’ll have to find something similar…

• 9 megan // Apr 6, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Absquatulate – I did wait to mention them until I was really sure I loved them, which is always about the time something becomes unavailable forever.

Betty & Absquatulate – I also curse my common foot size!

• 10 Denise // Apr 7, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Do you like these better than your Teva boots? I have the Tevas in brown but I need a good black boot. I might go for these.

• 11 megan // Apr 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Denise – I like them equally for different reasons. The Teva boots are more comfortable for walking longer distances and they are constructed better. But I like the way these Mia boots look, I like the height (they aren’t too high for my short legs) and the detail over the vamp. And the zipper being on the outside of the leg means you won’t catch the zipper as you walk and I do like the shine of the Pali boots. I don’t have the Bridgeport boots but people report that the leather isn’t a nice as it looks in the photos which is ultimately keeping me from buying a pair of those as well. The leather of the Tevas compared to the Pali is definitely better quality. So, I suppose it depends on what you’d like in a boot. For me the knee-height and shine were what I wanted. I hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions.

• 12 Jen // Apr 8, 2011 at 4:43 am

The first pair is really cute. I bought the Teva and the Merrell boots you suggested last season. I’m currently looking for Spring wedges. I’m short too, and need the extra height for my jeans to clear! Any suggestions for a comfortable high heel wedge?

• 13 Seanna Lea // Apr 11, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Goodness. I have boot envy. I have wanted knee highs, but I always feel like my calves are too big for the boots. Maybe it is time to measure again.

• 14 megan // Apr 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Seanna Lea – You are not alone, there are lots of options out there and I’m pretty sure during boot season Endless and Zappos have categories for wider calves. There are also some custom boot places that make boots to your measure, I have a friend who got some and I’ll ask her where she bought them.

• 15 Jodi Anderson // Apr 13, 2011 at 8:10 am

Oh noes! Your posts are now truncated in my feed reader. I never visit sites if I can’t read the post. I’m hoping that it’s temporary because I enjoy your site quite a lot! xoxo