links: beauty

How To: Winged Eyeliner — Cupcakes and Cashmere.

No amount of hydration, sleep, cucumbers, teabags, fancy gels and creams will get rid of the very dark circles under my eyes. I have made peace with the fact that they will never ever go away, but I would love some makeup solutions for covering them up. Is it possible to do so fairly minimally, without layers upon layers of caked on makeup and products? What products have you had success with? | Ask MetaFilter.

Sephora Professionnel Platinum Concealer Airbrush #57 Review | Musings of a Muse. I think I need this, my recent attempts at developing an undereye concealer habit have me looking, well, strange.

Make your own face toner, at Petite Elefant.

How on EARTH do celebrities keep their elaborate eye makeup on throughout an entire evening (i.e. awards shows, even the 15 min on the red carpet) without it dripping down their face? | Ask MetaFilter.

Want newspaper print nails like this? – Foxy grandpa.

Adult Gymnastics : The Case for Tossing Dignity into the Tiny Tot Foam Pit | FlexFWD.

· comments [8] · 04-1-2011 · categories:beauty · links ·

• 1 Star // Apr 1, 2011 at 8:33 am

Have you asked your doctor about the dark circles under your eyes? Could be something as simple as an allergy, and it just might be treatable, easily. Why throw in the towel, first? Thanks for your great tips, bye for now, Star

• 2 Lorena // Apr 1, 2011 at 9:37 am

I love Mary Kay’s Highlighting Pen for under my eyes. Neutrogena makes a nice one too that has a cooling affect that is supposed to reduce puffiness.

• 3 megan // Apr 1, 2011 at 9:38 am

Star – Thanks, however I’m not the one who asked that question, it’s just up at Ask Metafilter and had a lot of good suggestions. I do have dark circles but not extreme ones.

• 4 Jen // Apr 1, 2011 at 11:34 am

The newsprint nails are so cool.

FYI for anyone who tries it: you have to put a base coat down first or it won’t work. (Just had a couple of miraculous failures getting newsprint all over my hands before I figured it out.)

• 5 Lyn // Apr 1, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I use my powdered mineral make-up mixed with my face moisturizer or eye cream (and go to Nancyboy.com for an eye opener about fancy eye creams) – it’s great for moisturizing my under eye skin (also dark circles) and the exact right color, because it was mixed for my skin tones.
    Works great! Got the mineral foundation from sue@yourcolor.us. She’s terrif.

• 6 Star // Apr 1, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Silly me! Oh well, but maybe others reading your blog will think to check with their doctor before buying that 500-piece lot of cover stick!

• 7 Jen // Apr 2, 2011 at 10:38 am

Hey, what do you know? there’s a gymnastics club offering adult rec classes a short bike ride from my house. I’ve missed gymnastics since I quit at 13, so maybe I’ll go check them out.

• 8 Seanna Lea // Apr 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I love the idea of homemade toner. As soon as I finish my current bottle I think I will scrub and sterilize the container and use it for homemade toner.