daily photo: Mar. 29th

[the inside of a bottle of Supplication Ale showing the sediment at the bottom]

This is the sediment that is left after you pour a bottle of Russian River Supplication Ale. It’s brewed with sour cherries and strains of bacteria and aged for a year in a Pinot Noir barrels. It’s delicious, sour and complex, and it’s expensive, but so worth it.

· comments [11] · 03-29-2011 · categories:uncategorized ·

• 1 Betty // Mar 29, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Yummmm… sour cherries and bacteria! My favorites! But really, sour cherries, I can’t get enough of them. I’m gonna have to find me some of this libation.

• 2 megan // Mar 29, 2011 at 9:30 pm

The bacteria works the way it does on a wine and in this case I think makes for some extra sourness. It’s really very lovely.

• 3 Ashley // Mar 29, 2011 at 11:10 pm

oh my amazingness. This sounds great. We’ll have to try that soon.

• 4 hongyi // Mar 29, 2011 at 11:36 pm

oh…i’ve never heard of this. sounds amazing, must try!

btw got to ur blog through the bloggies award page, and im loving ur short, simple posts!

• 5 Star // Mar 30, 2011 at 1:56 am

That sounds soooooooooo good! Too many miles between me and it, that’s for sure! Thanks for your great posts.

• 6 Jeannette // Mar 30, 2011 at 9:19 am

Love Russian River!!! p.s. do you ever go to Naked City in Greenwood?

• 7 Jodie // Mar 30, 2011 at 10:10 am

This is my favorite daily photo so far!

• 8 Rosa // Mar 30, 2011 at 10:32 am

Somehow this photo, and your description, make even the sediment sound delicious!

• 9 megan // Mar 30, 2011 at 11:55 am

Jeannette – I have not been to Naked City, but I’ve just heard about it for the first time this week and am planning a special trip, mostly probably using public transportation as a designated driver :)

• 10 Spring // Mar 31, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Supplication is one of my favourites from Russian River. If you like sour cherry beers seek out a bottle of The Lost Abbey’s Red Poppy (Full Throttle Bottles in Georgetown had it last I checked.) Nice and tart and so yummy with a handful of dried cherries tossed in.

• 11 shawn // Apr 5, 2011 at 5:17 pm

if you like that, go get yourself some of russian river’s sanctification, too. it’s super fruity and just the right amount of sour, and it’s made with the same yeast as the supplication.

i got a bottle of it at market time on fremont. my boy loved it so much he won’t let me throw out the bottle – it’s too good of a memory.