links: the home

A Year in Bed: A Modest Proposal | Apartment Therapy New York. This is more of a note to self to follow up when Maxwell has made it through all 12 beds.

Intrinsic Complexity: Modern Hacked Lighting | Apartment Therapy Unplggd. Create a modern looking pendant for cheap.

I’m looking to buy a new (or very nearly new) king-size mattress. Recommendations for stores, brands, or particular models are much appreciated. | Ask MetaFilter.

Freshly Picked: How to Make a Chandelier. An inexpensive shell-like chandelier, fabulous. Via Design Mom.

Make: Online | Make: Projects – Doortop Stash. A most brilliant way to hide small things in (almost) plain sight in your house that will not be bothered with. Via Erica Mulherin on Pinterest.

How To: Hack an Ikea Frosta Stool Apartment Therapy Videos | Apartment Therapy New York.

My friend, the towel radiator. « Door Sixteen.

· comments [7] · 03-22-2011 · categories:links · the home ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Mar 22, 2011 at 6:25 am

I want a towel radiator! I’ll have to keep this in mind when we decide that we need to renovate the bathroom!

• 2 megan // Mar 22, 2011 at 8:45 am

Scott and I took a long look at bathroom radiators like that one but decided they were too expensive for us as we don’t plan on living here forever. I did find a lot more for people in the UK and Europe. Wish they’d catch on here.

• 3 Noemi // Mar 22, 2011 at 9:49 am

While I appreciate Maxwell’s dedication to the cause, I don’t think the majority of his readers are the types for whom a $13K mattress is even feasible. But I might be wrong.

• 4 megan // Mar 22, 2011 at 10:30 am

Whoa, there is a 13K mattress in the bunch? I did not notice that. Scott and I are dreading upcoming mattress shopping so I’ll clutch at anything I can in terms of information.

• 5 js // Mar 24, 2011 at 7:48 am

I’ve heard many raves about Original Mattress Factory, both on price and quality. Recommend.

• 6 anne // Mar 25, 2011 at 8:58 am

Just got back from a trip to Germany where I LOVED the towel radiator in our friend’s guest bathroom (also the heated floors…yum). Of course, being in radiator-flush Chicago, we just put our towels there half the year and come out of the shower with some nice warm towels to use.

• 7 jr // Apr 12, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I think there is one $13K matterss in the bunch…

and there is an ikea one too……

I actually just bought the Simmons natural care (on sale) from Sleep Country (Seattle) and it is wonderful – he tested it (another model) in the line & I think he has it at #1.