daily photo: Mar. 19th

the start of a red hat

After a long time of not knitting I’ve restarted a red hat. I’ve knit this one before but have been meaning to make another and keep notes to create a pattern, and to not make quite as many glaring mistakes this time. The original red hat has become my favorite, my earlobes stay warm and somehow it manages to be cute, or at least Scott insists it’s cute and you cannot trust him since insisting I’m cute is sort of his job.

· comments [10] · 03-19-2011 · categories:dailyphoto ·

• 1 Star // Mar 20, 2011 at 4:40 am

Picture on the page is great, but for awhile, now, the thumbnails are not coming up in my Google reader…I wonder why…Thanks for your great blog!
    Star

• 2 Rowanna // Mar 20, 2011 at 8:09 am

I know how to knit a simple stich (for scarves and stuff) and I bought a circular needle (not sure if that’s the name) and I have no idea how to use it. Do you have any tips or know of any sites that could help me? Thanks!

• 3 Rosie // Mar 20, 2011 at 10:39 am

I love this! I hope you do create a pattern and post it–I’d love to make it. Thanks!

Rosie

• 4 megan // Mar 20, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Star – Hm. I use google reader and it’s been fine, you’re the first one using google reader that has mentioned trouble. Anybody else?

Rowanna – See this how-to at Knitty. There are lots of resources for you, videos and images, out there as well.

• 5 Andreina // Mar 20, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I love that hat, is perfect! Do you sell? Because that is the perfect hat!
    Regards!

• 6 megan // Mar 20, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Andreina – I might sell some in the future, if so I’ll post about it here.

• 7 Seanna Lea // Mar 21, 2011 at 2:52 am

I completely understand about the bias. My husband does the same thing, and I tell him that he has to say that because it is in one of the microdots in our marriage license.

There are lots of microdots, but most of them are about the dishes.

• 8 Kinley // Mar 21, 2011 at 9:55 am

I was just wondering if you were still knitting…things have been very quiet from you on that front. I started in January 2010 and haven’t stopped. I love it! Glad to see you’ve picked up the needles again. And the hat is, indeed, very cute.

• 9 Star // Mar 23, 2011 at 4:08 am

Last time the thumbnail for your blog loaded into my Google reader was March 14. Before that it was spotty. The thumbnails from all of the other blogs I follow are loading. Wonder what’s happening.
    Thanks, Star

• 10 megan // Mar 23, 2011 at 11:36 am

Thank Star, I’ll see what I can do to fix it.