daily photo: Mar. 9th

stew in a crock pot

Today I made stew and it took half an hour before I noticed I’d forgotten to plug the crock pot in.

· comments [18] · 03-9-2011 · categories:dailyphoto ·

• 1 mamacita // Mar 9, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Yeah, I did that once. Except it was 8 hours.

• 2 megan // Mar 9, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Oh no! Hee hee hee.

• 3 emmy // Mar 9, 2011 at 7:39 pm

hahaha, that’d be some kinda slow cookin’

• 4 Alicia Joynson // Mar 9, 2011 at 8:22 pm

haha. We all have those days!

• 5 Murr Brewster // Mar 10, 2011 at 12:20 am

This happens every single day with my coffeepot. I need coffee in order to make coffee. There’s no way around it.

• 6 Star // Mar 10, 2011 at 12:56 am

Heh heh heh…I do that with my oven because the “ON” timer only goes up to 90 minutes, so, a handful of minutes for warm up time, a passle of minutes for cooking time, minus the limited timer equals an “OFF” oven before the cooking is done.

• 7 Tracey // Mar 10, 2011 at 2:21 am

haha, I totally get that…some days I put the coffee pot on the stove and then realize the reason I don’t smell coffee or hear the familiar hiss and bubble of the pot is because someone…..me…..didn’t turn the burner on.
    I have yet to be able to make coffee with just the power of my mind, the burner is still an essential element.
    Hope the stew was delicious. :D

• 8 Amanda // Mar 10, 2011 at 6:18 am

Once I was making pork chops in sauerkraut in my crockpot. It worked for about 3 hours and then BAM! Crockpot died. I think we had pizza instead…

• 9 Leanne // Mar 10, 2011 at 7:52 am

Oh man….i’ve done that too many times to count. In fact the first time i cooked for my now husband, i had left the crock pot on in the morning to cook some delicious chicken cacciatore. Eight hours later when i got home from work, i realized that the electrical outlet i had used was no longer working correctly. Awesome!

• 10 Julie // Mar 10, 2011 at 10:04 am

I did that once with red beans & sausage. For 8 eight hours. (Pizza for dinner!)

• 11 Kate S. // Mar 10, 2011 at 10:08 am

You’re not alone. My mother did this last Thanksgiving–she “cooked” mashed potatoes for five hours without plugging the slow cooker in. I almost did this, with potentially disastrous results, just last Saturday. A triple-slow cooker, filled with meats for the sandwiches we were serving at a birthday party with 30+ guests . . . thankfully, my husband noticed with plenty of time. I would have been mortified.

• 12 Kait // Mar 10, 2011 at 10:13 am

Ahh, yes I do that with my oven also.

I’ll come back to see if it has preheated only to find that it is asking me, “Start?”.

• 13 Seanna Lea // Mar 10, 2011 at 12:13 pm

That reminds me of us trying to toast waffles (homemade extra waffles) in the toaster oven. The timer worked without electricity, so we were flabbergasted when the waffles weren’t getting warm after trying to cook them in the toaster oven for over 10 minutes!

Somedays we are not the brightest colors in the box of crayons.

• 14 Michelle // Mar 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Oh, see, I totally plugged my crock pot in… just forgot to hit the Power On button. And it took me *way* more than half an hour to notice. :0)

• 15 Mandy // Mar 11, 2011 at 6:55 am

Only a half hour? I do that at least once a month and it is for the entire time I am at work. Very disappointing to look forward to something hot and ready to eat when you get home only to find raw chicken. Gross.

• 16 DawnH // Mar 11, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Always a relief to find I am not alone.

• 17 stacey // Mar 11, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Did this too, only mine was eight hours as well. Came home from work, expecting to smell wonderful potato soup. Whoops!

• 18 Lauren // Mar 21, 2011 at 7:17 am

at least it was only a half an hour…I realized mine wasn’t on 2 hours in one time…thank goodness for the “high” setting!