links: shopping

List of Independent Alternatives to Closed Borders Bookstores, via The Morning News.

Good Chemistry Salt and Pepper Shakers – Untitled Document at Room Service. Add to my list of lovely salt and pepper sets.

I’ve finally convinced my husband that we need a canister vacuum, what’s the best option on the market, in terms of a happy balance between quality and price? | Ask MetaFilter.

Which are your favorite teeth cleaning products? | Ask MetaFilter. I love all the opinions on floss.

shop – upon a fold. Amazing and beautiful things. I have no idea where I first clicked through to this site.

· comments [7] · 03-8-2011 · categories:links · shopping ·

• 1 Amy // Mar 8, 2011 at 9:21 am

So, on that note of closing bookstores, Powell’s Bookstore in Portland had layoffs last months and if you are interested this is a great way to support them.

• 2 Jen // Mar 8, 2011 at 10:28 am

I’m sure Dyson is really awesome, but I simply decided that the cost was too much and I’m perfectly happy with the Hoover I got instead.

• 3 Angela // Mar 8, 2011 at 10:47 am

Honestly, the Dyson is the very best thing I have ever paid $400 for. Mine still works like the day I got it (after 7 years) & it’s easy to clean & simply awesome. They are also great about their customer service… I have never needed anything, but a friend of mine has a problem & use was promptly & courteously handled by their great cs.

• 4 Lynnette // Mar 8, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Okay….I bought a Miele canister and never looked back. Pricey but powerful and QUIET
    I love it!!!!

• 5 Seanna Lea // Mar 8, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I’ve been in restaurants and cafeterias that have the chemistry salt and pepper shakers and sadly they don’t work as well as they look, especially the pepper one.

• 6 Justine // Mar 10, 2011 at 2:25 am

Thanks so, so much for your mention! Much appreciated. Justine x

• 7 megan // Mar 10, 2011 at 9:56 am

Justine – You carry fantastic stuff!

Seanna Lea – Thanks for the warning, I’ll admire from afrai.

Lynnette – So good to know, we’re looking at getting one of the more expensive models since we plan to have it for life.