daily photo: Mar. 1st

orange FLOR tiles, mostly out of focus

We finally installed our FLOR tiles so I used them to learn all about the A-Dep (depth of focus setting) setting on my camera. Last time I wrote about these we had samples and we liked one color, but a different texture that the color wasn’t available for. Happily we dithered long enough and FLOR updated their line to include the combination we really wanted, Feelin’ Groovy in Clementine. Now we need a low table and some lighting. At this pace we will be done sometime in October.

· comments [7] · 03-1-2011 · categories:dailyphoto · the home ·

• 1 Becky Sue // Mar 1, 2011 at 6:11 pm

We have Flor tiles in our kitchen and love them! They are so durable and the design that we purchased hides all the crumbs that the dog doesn’t get.
    Love your photo-a-day project it will really help improve your photography skills (not saying that you need to but that it just will).

• 2 megan // Mar 1, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Becky Sue – I need all the photo improvement I can get, no worries!

• 3 Mara // Mar 2, 2011 at 10:21 am

Great color choice! Flor tiles are so versatile; if our current apartment wasn’t entirely carpeted I’d be breaking mine out again!

• 4 Seanna Lea // Mar 2, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Very nice! I love the shot. I have a hard time getting down that low (I dislike resting on my knees, because it makes them uncomfortable).

• 5 julie.k. // Mar 2, 2011 at 4:41 pm

My entire house is oak floors except our family room I did in wall to wall flor. It’s great, has been in place for 3 years and looks new (after it’s been vacuumed!). Just today the kidz spilled some cranberry juice on it, I picked up the squares, washed in sink, and when it’s dry, just plunk it back down.

• 6 Plett // Mar 3, 2011 at 9:37 am

I absolutely learn something new and wonderful from you with every post. Love!

• 7 Jane // Mar 4, 2011 at 3:26 pm

So glad to see your positive comments about Flor. I am considering getting some Flor tiles to create a custom size rug from my entry. If only they had a showroom in Seattle, it would be perfect!