links: food

consumed. An amazingly laid out site showing photos of everything one man ate during the course of an entire year.

Slow-Baked Beans With Kale – NYTimes.com.

Help me hack my Kraft Dinner/macaroni and cheese! | Ask MetaFilter.

Tradewind Tiaras: DIY Project: Edible Garnishes for Glasses. Made from sparkly edible papers using a decorative paper punch, so much fun. Via Edible Crafts.

Tip: For Perfect Whipped Cream, Use a Food Processor | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn.

How to Cook Moist & Tender Chicken Breasts Every Time | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn. An updated post, I like this technique a lot.

How To Adjust the Bowl Height of Your Stand Mixer | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn.

Pizza Protips: Kneading – Converting Recipes to the Stand Mixer | Slice Pizza Blog.

The Secret Ingredient (Black Pepper): Multigrain Cacio e Pepe with Arugula | Serious Eats : Recipes.

Delancey: The Pinnacle of Seattle Pizza | Slice Pizza Blog.

· comments [7] · 02-14-2011 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Feb 14, 2011 at 3:14 am

I’ve had the urge for macaroni and cheese lately, so seeing mac and cheese hacks makes me want to go and pick up a box for tonight’s dinner!

• 2 latenac // Feb 14, 2011 at 8:13 am

In college we used to add Knorr’s Spinach soup mix and tuna to Kraft Dinner. It’s still my guilty pleasure when no one else is home since no one else at my house would eat it.

• 3 nazila // Feb 14, 2011 at 11:54 am

Ha! I worked with Bill for many years and he is an awesome guy and friend. His photography is fantastic, but the project is completely over the top.

I’m happy to see him getting some serious press because of this.

• 4 Nathalie // Feb 14, 2011 at 1:48 pm

OMG you can adjust the height of your bowl in a a stand mixer??!?! Why did no one tell me this?

As for the whipped cream, what’s wrong with a hand mixer? Works for me just fine.

• 5 Eliza // Feb 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I made that slow-baked beans with kale last week and was disappointed. The tomato was too sharp for the other, milder flavors, and I dunno, something about it just never sang to me.

• 6 Liz // Feb 16, 2011 at 11:54 pm

I like the Consumed website, but I also liked it when Tucker Shaw did it. I guess this time I’ll just be happy that I don’t have to buy a book?

• 7 CALLOOH CALLAY » Blog Archive » {what I ate} February 18th Edition // Feb 18, 2011 at 12:17 pm

[...] Multigrain Cacio e Pepe with Arugula at Serious Eats via Not Martha [...]