links: travel

Top 10 Worthwhile Tourist Attractions in San Francisco and Top 10 Ways to See San Francisco Like a Local at Mighty Girl.

Albert Kahn Museé et Jardin « NoemiCan. A very inexpensive place to see pretty gardens in Paris, great tip.

Searching for all-inclusive resorts in Mexico | Ask MetaFilter.

law student needs cheap vacation, cerveza | Ask MetaFilter.

mirrormirror: Go Love Your Trailer Park Hicksville Trailer Palace. I want to, uh, go to there.

swissmiss | AirBnB.

· comments [10] · 01-13-2011 · categories:links · travel ·

• 1 Travel » Blog Archive » not martha — links: travel // Jan 13, 2011 at 7:50 am

[…] this link: not martha — links: travel Tags: and-show, avoid-the, avoid-the-mistakes, discover-the, discover-the-hard, hard, hard-way-, […]

• 2 WanderChow // Jan 13, 2011 at 7:52 am

Dude, I am so going to Hicksville. (Have you been to the Georgetown trailer park art gallery/shop thingy? Whoa.)

Meanwhile check out Hotel Lagunita in the gorgeous bay at Yelapa, on the west coast. Use Internet Explorer to view, Firefox isn’t working for me. I’ve not been there but I know folks who have and someday I WILL go.

• 3 Ellen // Jan 13, 2011 at 9:21 am

Similarly, and on my list of future vacation spots, the Shady Dell in Bisbee, AZ.

• 4 megan // Jan 13, 2011 at 9:43 am

WanderChow – I have not heard about the Georgetown trailer part gallery, I’ll have to go find it, thank you.

Ellen – How awesome, thanks. I’ll have to look into that when I can no longer take the Seattle rain.

• 5 Seanna Lea // Jan 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I would love to get away. We have snow up to the eyeballs in places right now, but I don’t have any intelligent things to say about vacation spots.

• 6 WanderChow // Jan 13, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Here’s a link to the “Georgetown Trailer Park Mall.” Completely wacky, very Georgetown, very Portlandish.

• 7 Toni // Jan 13, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I love AirBnB, through the service I have met amazing people and stayed in homes I could never afford :)

• 8 WanderChow // Jan 13, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Oops, here’s that link.

• 9 Lauren // Jan 13, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Ha- I see that 30 Rock thing you snuck in there. :)

• 10 just barrie // Jan 15, 2011 at 8:23 am

One thing I wish I would’ve known was that a lot of Harold and Maude was shot in San Fran. I would’ve totally gone to seek out and geek out over all these locations.