links: the home

How To Turn IKEA’s Tullsta Chair Into a Designer Piece Home Hacks | Apartment Therapy.

Craft/tool station with wall organizer – Craftynest.

Centsational Girl » Blog Archive » How To Paint Perfect Stripes on Walls.

Jonathan Adler Mrs. Godfrey Chair. I LOVE this chair. I cannot afford it.

The Dishrack of Your Dreams | Kohler. Mine too, I hope they start making this to purchase soon.

mirrormirror: Mrs Thomas’s Book of Household Management, DIY fruit fly traps that work.

Space Heaters, Radiators, Heating Pads for Every Size Roundup | Apartment Therapy Unplggd. I’ve decided I cannot go another winter without a small programmable space heater for our bathroom. Or a bathroom remodel. Guess which one is realistic right now.

POSTERHANGER at Textile Arts. This is 60 inches wide so you can use it to hang large pieces of fabric for decorations. I have some fabric hangers from CB2 that are, sniff, no longer available, but work really well to fill a large blank wall with something fairly inexpensive.

the girl in the green dress.: interior design magazine. We’ve been wondering what to put on our bedroom walls to add some color but we wanted something that wouldn’t hurt if it fell in the middle of the night. Felt panels? Perfect.

Design*Sponge » before & after: sarah’s rug + kat’s planters. The painted rug here is very smart.

· comments [9] · 11-17-2010 · categories:links · the home ·

• 1 Jennifer // Nov 17, 2010 at 6:10 am

I saw a similar dishrack on Making It Lovely a while ago. I’m not sure which I like better, green or white?

• 2 Jessica // Nov 17, 2010 at 8:29 am

Is it sad that I’m actually excited over a drying rack? haha…my mom would be proud

• 3 megan // Nov 17, 2010 at 10:13 am

Jennifer – I’ve seen that one, but sadly it’s too small for the number of dishes I handwash. The Dish Doctor is another option, but again too small for what I need and rather pricey.

Jessica – No it’s not, and yes she would.

• 4 Seanna Lea // Nov 17, 2010 at 10:20 am

I love the idea of painting stripes, but it will have to wait for one of the upstairs rooms. We have about 6 months of painting rooms to do (because I am uninclined to remove wallpaper and paint each evening), so I will have to bookmark that link for when we get around to it!

• 5 fanny | live happy // Nov 17, 2010 at 11:28 am

Jonathan Adler breaks my heart sometimes with his awesomeness. Really only because I can’t afford it either. That’s all.

• 6 paola // Nov 17, 2010 at 11:36 am

Thanks for the link :)

I just wanted to let you know that I’ve refined the fruit fly traps through much trial and error.

We make now make them as above with fresh fruit as bait, but also add a spoonful of apple cider vinegar and a squeeze of dishsoap to the pot. This is even more gross (you end up with dead fruit fly soup at the bottom of your bowl) but even more effective.

• 7 Jen // Nov 17, 2010 at 6:59 pm

I do a shallow dish of apple cider vinegar with some dish soap, no saran wrap and no fruit (soap is to break the surface tension, in theory. mu brother says you don’t need it, but I stick with what’s worked.) I would argue that it is much much less gross, because they drown and don’t produce maggots. I always hated getting rid of the trap with the fruit and saran wrap because of the live flies and maggots.

• 8 Katie Alender // Nov 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I have a very cold downstairs portion of my house that I use a lot, and right now I’m really enjoying my DeLonghi Safeheat radiator that I got at BB&B. It has a built-in timer, so my office is already warm when I start working (and it’s only $70 before coupons).

I’ve used fan-style heaters up to now, but the forced air really dries my contacts out. Maybe that would be a plus in a bathroom, though.

Good luck!

• 9 Centsational Girl // Nov 18, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Hi Megan! So nice of you to link to me, thanks so much. You have some amazing roundups, I’ll be subscribing!
    xo