links: food

au_gout: dark and delicious. A chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse frosting. I am not a chocolate frosting person but I have eaten this one, made by @gfrancie and it’s so delicious.

Soft Seasoned Pretzels — Joy the Baker.

Fruit Agar Agar · Edible Crafts | CraftGossip.com.

An Ice Cream Bar for the Urbane · Edible Crafts. I love the chocolate olive garnish shown here.

Rainbow Popsicles · Edible Crafts. I love the fact that these layers are on a slant.

Tea & Cookies: Rule of Thirds. Yummy kale salad.

Clichés and Cornucopias – The Knead For Speed. How to make a bread cornucopia, via Edible Crafts.

· comments [7] · 11-12-2010 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Nov 12, 2010 at 7:12 am

I love all things carbs, so I especially enjoyed the pretzels and the cornucopia. The cornucopia looks like a fun addition to Thanksgiving traditions (and if you are using it for leftover consumption doesn’t need to be made day off, taking something off of your plate).

• 2 paola // Nov 12, 2010 at 12:20 pm

How is it even possible not to be a chocolate frosting person?

• 3 megan // Nov 12, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Seanna Lea – You’ve made me want to make pretzel cornucopias!

Paola – I’m about to blow your mind. I also don’t prefer brownies, fudge, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate truffles, flourless chocolate cakes, molten chocolate cakes and hot fudge sauces. (I like them, but I don’t prefer them.) I really enjoy good chocolate but pairing it with extra fat and too much sweetness turns the flavor uninteresting to me.

• 4 paola // Nov 12, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Consider my mind officially blown.

When the dessert menu comes round what DO you go for?

• 5 megan // Nov 12, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Paola – I go for the desserts like creme brulee or flan. Usually, though, I’d rather eat something salty!

• 6 Trisha @ My Hobbie Lobbie // Nov 13, 2010 at 5:12 am

There’s always so much to learn here. Thank you for sharing. I’ve given your blog an award. You can check it out here http://myhobbielobbie.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-very-first-award-yippee.html

• 7 Lisa G // Nov 30, 2010 at 10:45 am

I looked for those chocolate olives and was sad to see the company has closed but last week I did spot some at BevMo!