links: halloween

JAAAHWS. These giant vampire teeth are hilarious and awesome.

Heinous Hats: Son Of Boom De Yada. I love the spider hat, third image down.

Homemade Owl Pellets. Yuck! – The Crafts Dept. These are so much fun. I always dreaded the smell of taking apart real owl pellets in school.

How to Preserve a Halloween Pumpkin – Keep a Jack O’ Lantern Fresh, at My Science Project.

Pumpkin Cornbread (with Pumpkin Chili, of course)! | recipegirl.com.

Craftzine.com blog : CRAFT Pattern: Pumpkin Cozy.

Craftzine.com blog : How-To: Liquid Latex Scales.

A pumpkin that sleeps like a Mac – Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories. Adore this.

Looking for horror films that feature death by knitting needle. | Ask MetaFilter.

Best of Parent Hacks: Easy Halloween Tips | Parent Hacks.

Craftzine.com blog : How-To: Lego Indiana Jones Costume.

Jelly Shot Test Kitchen: Jellied Eyeballs (non-alcoholic).

Super Punch: Halloween fun food ideas. Great round up of ideas and recipes.

Googly Eye Fun! – The Crafts Dept. Oh boy do I love the googly eyes attached to the shoes.

illoom Balloons, at Outblush. Balloons with LEDs inside.

· comments [7] · 10-26-2010 · categories:halloween · links ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Oct 26, 2010 at 6:37 am

I loved the liquid latex project when I saw it on Craft. It is amazing.

I am ashamed (as a knitter), that I never thought to look for movies with death by knitting needle. Maybe I’m watching too many comedies and too much Mythbusters.

• 2 MEP // Oct 26, 2010 at 7:34 am

I got my daughter a spider hat exactly like that one in the second link at a department store (Von Maur). She was a spider princess!

• 3 Anna // Oct 26, 2010 at 9:58 am

Why did you take apart owl pellets in school? I love how you say it like we all did it. :)

• 4 megan // Oct 26, 2010 at 10:40 am

Anna – When an owl eats a rodent it digests all the juicy bits then passes the bones and fur through and ejects it as a dry pellet, about the size of a clementine if I remember right. It looks like a fibrous ball of mud but if you break it apart (we soaked it in water) there is usually a complete rodent skeleton inside. It’s an interesting project for school kids and is a sort of dissection study. I think you can buy them for yourself if you’d like to check it out.

• 5 WanderChow // Oct 26, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Whoa, did you see the ChumBuddy sleeping bags on the JAAAHWS website???? So wrong in so many ways. And yet I want one.

• 6 Petalbelles // Oct 27, 2010 at 8:27 am

All right, how cool would it have been to have shown up at Maria Barelli’s 7th grade slumber party with the ChumBuddy?

• 7 Margot // Oct 27, 2010 at 8:09 pm

So much fun stuff. And I NEED those fang hats!! Did anyone find where to buy them?

Oh and you need this tent http://www.amazon.com/Shark-Tent/dp/B000HTLU9Y to pair with the chum buddy.