links: shopping

Shapewear secrets | The Working Closet | Work It, Mom!.

New car air freshener | Ask MetaFilter.

Personal Shopper: Travel Trunk for Laura.

What are some ubiquitous indie grocery items? | Ask MetaFilter.

5 Reusable, Plastic-Free Straws | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn.

pedalr • A better marketplace for people who love bikes. Via Swissmiss’s Twitter (precious resource).

Please recommend books about people trapped together | Ask MetaFilter.

Design*Sponge » altangrill. A tiny grill that hangs off of a railing, I want one.

the UGC: Birthdays and Bikes. Recommendation for a bicycle gel liner for your, uh, sit bones, I’m hoping to get my bicycle soon. (Just in time for the end of summer. I do know how to procrastinate.) P.s. Happy birthday boys!

Great headphones for a noisy office in the $80-$120 range? | Ask MetaFilter.

the Ugly Green Chair: Shutterbug. She links to the most appealing camera strap I’ve seen, the RS WS-1 designed specifically for women and the stuff we have on our chests, made by Black Rapid. While watching the demonstration video I realized the background looked familiar, it was filmed at Gasworks Park here in Seattle.

· comments [6] · 09-9-2010 · categories:links · shopping ·

• 1 Nathalie // Sep 9, 2010 at 7:43 am

An Apartment Therapy comment linked to a straw cleaner, which I am really excited to order. Reusable straws are great, but the minute you use them for something other than water, they get gross. I hadn’t figured out how to clean mine… until now!

• 2 Matt Haughey // Sep 9, 2010 at 8:41 am

I’ve never been able to stick with a camera strap until I got the Black Rapid one as a gift. It’s perfect for walking around and shooting whenever you need it. I ended up buying a second one for a backup camera, and now they’re downright necessary whenever I shoot photos at bike races (I wear both at once, making it easy to pull up one camera at a time as I need it).

• 3 Seanna Lea // Sep 9, 2010 at 9:56 am

I really want to bike as a commuting option (which is about to be derailed by the oncoming inclement weather (late fall and winter), but I really need panniers or some bike rack bag option for taking clothing and the like with me. I tried biking with the backpack on and I was sore and uncomfy. I’m looking forward to more bike-related items here in the future!

• 4 Sarah McGee // Sep 9, 2010 at 12:18 pm

The new Black Rapid WS-1 (women’s specific design) camera strap is fantastic! I love mine. It’s not bulky and it curves nicely around my chest. I also use the double strap to hold two cameras at weddings and it really saves my back.

• 5 whitney // Sep 9, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Thank you for linking to not just one, but two of my posts! And yes, that black rapid strap is the best!

• 6 Michelle // Sep 12, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I love my Black Rapid strap, and I love that it’s local. I bought mine about a month before the women’s design came out, and that one is going on my Christmas list.