links: travel

Sprizee :: A simple girl replete with complications: Fold me up like paper plane.. That’s it. I’m going to Astoria.

The best vacation ever – The Boston Globe. How to optimize the enjoyment of your vacation. Via The Morning News.

Help me have an awesome trip to Ireland | Ask MetaFilter.

Local News | Geocachers to descend on Seattle area this weekend in search of the ‘Triad’ | Seattle Times Newspaper. It’s a geocaching Woodstock, wish I’d known about this in time to go.

Orangette: I’m starting today. Viking Drive-In, somewhere off I-90 between Seattle and Spokane, for the next time we drive out that way.

Zoomdoggle Fun List NYC – 314 Fun & Cheap Things To Do In NYC. At Laughing Squid.

· comments [9] · 07-7-2010 · categories:links · travel ·

• 1 NATALIA // Jul 7, 2010 at 2:57 am

Thanks for links!!
    Are good for holidays ;D

• 2 Jessica // Jul 7, 2010 at 3:58 am

Thanks for the links – I can’t get enough of travel tips after coming home from my vacation this week. I’m already planning the next!

• 3 Megan // Jul 7, 2010 at 7:24 am

My dad grew up vacationing with his family in Astoria. They had a family house there. Which was sold way before I was born! So unfair.

• 4 sprizee // Jul 7, 2010 at 7:50 am

Oh Megan, you’ll love it. Make sure to go to the Astoria Coffee House for breakfast, or lunch, or dinner. Or all 3 on multiple days like I did. http://www.astoriacoffeehouse.com

Blue Scorcher Bakery is also worth a stop, between museums. http://www.bluescorcher.com

Astoria combines most of my favorite things. Good local food, museums, history, old architecture and the chance for long uninterrupted conversations on the drive to and from.

• 5 Seattlejo // Jul 7, 2010 at 9:38 am

Agreed! You should go to Astoria. And while there you can geek out at the Goonies filming sites.

We did during the 25th anniversary

• 6 Posy Quarterman // Jul 7, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Astoria is one of my favorite places. If you go, you must stay at the Hotel Elliott, eat breakfast at the Columbia Cafe (where they have garlic jam that is way more delicious than it sounds), enjoy fun things at Lunar Boy Gallery, and make sure you aren’t there only for Sunday/Monday because most of the fabulous little places are closed.

• 7 barrie // Jul 7, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Astoria was one of our favorite stops along US-1. Three words – Goonies Never Die!!!!

• 8 Monique // Jul 8, 2010 at 7:06 am

Geowoodstock was fun, too bad you missed it. Next year it is on the East Coast.

• 9 Celia // Jul 8, 2010 at 9:28 am

The Fun List was awesome!