Weekend report

[three four leaf clovers, mountains in the background]

I found three four-leaf clovers!

[extra large marshmallows]

It’s hard to tell from this picture but these marshmallows we found at the grocery store were enormous. I was delighted.

[a pancake that cooked with a pattern that looks like woodgrain]

Scott made this pancake that looks like woodgrain.

[cake with a crumb layer of frosting]

I decided to make a cake, chocolate with white frosting. This is my first ever crumb layer.

[candles illuminating the cake]

Scott remembered that ten years ago Saturday we packed our things into a U-Haul and drove from Cleveland to San Francisco without an apartment ready to move into. Adventure! So we put ten candles on the cake.

[juniper berries soaking in vodka, other spices ready to include]

We started making a new infused gin from this recipe at Gourmet magazine. So far it smells much better that my first try.

I also started watching Glee (and am hooked), took a nice slow stroll through a p-patch in a Seattle neighborhood we’re contemplating moving to, got my hair cut and made chimichurri sauce for the first time.

· comments [25] · 06-7-2010 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 Anne // Jun 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

I saw those marshmallows at Fred Meyer too. They’re ginormous. We will be buying them for camping trips this summer. Yeay!

• 2 francesca too // Jun 7, 2010 at 6:37 am

what a wonderful weekend!

• 3 Celia // Jun 7, 2010 at 7:17 am

what a perfect weekend! i love glee as well ;p, don’t miss tomorrow night!
    i’m also dying to move to seattle and am currently convincing the hubby. please take many pics of your neighborhood if you get to make the big move! we’d be interested to see.

• 4 Jo @ To a Pretty LIfe // Jun 7, 2010 at 7:28 am

Looks like a great weekend! It’s been my experience that 4-leaf clovers grow in patches. The one I know about regularly has 4, 5, and 6, leaf clovers.

• 5 megan // Jun 7, 2010 at 7:55 am

Hi!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your site!It makes me happy every single day. no joke. Keep up the great work. p.s. I had no idea you were a former Cleveland girl! woo-hoo

• 6 madebymegs // Jun 7, 2010 at 7:59 am

This sounds like an absolutely fantastic weekend! I live in a little town in Canada and one of my dreams in life is to move to Seattle, or at least on the Canadian side so I can visit Seattle as much as I want. Something about that city brings a great calm over me and to think you could move there makes me super jealous :)

• 7 Seanna Lea // Jun 7, 2010 at 8:06 am

I started watching Glee, but I’m firmly a watch it on DVD kind of gal. I fell off the bandwagon so fast, because I am always too busy in the evenings to watch television.

• 8 natalie // Jun 7, 2010 at 8:59 am

Yay for GLEE, haircuts, and moving.
    I can tell, you’re on a ‘high’. ;)

• 9 Morgan // Jun 7, 2010 at 9:43 am

Oh man! I saw those HUGE marshmallows at the store last night (They were Campfire Giant Roasters!) and I was so excited. I can’t wait to make huge smores!

• 10 B. // Jun 7, 2010 at 10:57 am

Chimichurri recipe please!

• 11 Jamieofalltrades // Jun 7, 2010 at 11:19 am

I also bough those over sized marshmallows. They will be perfect for s’mores. There’s never enough marshmallow.

• 12 Amy in StL // Jun 7, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I’ve seen those giant marshmallows at the store too. It sounds like you had an awesome weekend; I hope your haircut turned out better than mine. I’m thinking of wearing a baseball cap for the next month!

• 13 meaghan (chic cookies) // Jun 7, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Oh my, I have a whole marshmallow art spread on my blog (as in, stuff drawn on marshmallows). I hope I can find those huge ones on the east coast! I’m already thinking of the possibilities with more room…

• 14 amanda // Jun 7, 2010 at 4:04 pm

My husband and I howled in disbelief when we saw those marshmallows at the store. I want to have a big marshmallow WAR with them!

I love the idea of your anniversary cake. I think it’s a great idea. You don’t get enough candles on cakes, really.

• 15 Damaris // Jun 7, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I love a good reason, or any reason actually, to make a cake.

• 16 Ashley B. // Jun 7, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Your weekend sounds delightful.

• 17 stef // Jun 7, 2010 at 7:31 pm

oh no, we won’t be neighbors anymore?

i love Glee :) too!

• 18 Ray A. // Jun 8, 2010 at 2:49 am

ANOTHER CONVERT TO GLEE!!! YAY! You can watch it on Hulu too… Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the NPH & Madonna episodes! Love your site BTW. Found it when looking for the perfect yellow cake recipe! I visit your site on the daily now! Thanks for all of your hard work. Best!

• 19 Lucy // Jun 8, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Those pancakes look great. And don’t even get me started on the giant marshmallows – yum yum yum!

Glee I cannot get enough of. My other half is getting firmly fed up with the soundtrack echoing around our kitchen!

• 20 Deanna // Jun 8, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I saw those marshmallows at my grocery store and couldn’t resist the impulse buy. Combined with a 5-year-old boy, they make an unbelievably messy s’more–like marshmallow footprints through the house messy. Gross, but totally worth it.

• 21 Christy // Jun 8, 2010 at 1:03 pm

That sounds like an amazing weekend, thanks for sharing! :)

• 22 karin // Jun 8, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Glee! :D

Tonight’s episode made me cry. I’m not ashamed to say.

• 23 Kristina // Jun 12, 2010 at 3:31 pm

lucky you with the four leaf clovers! I always stop to look… :)

those marshmallows are huge! YUM !

…and the cake looks delicious…

• 24 Rose // Jun 12, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Sounds like a great day! @Jo – now I will be on a perpetual quest to find a six-leaf clover – I had no idea!

• 25 Lisa // Jun 15, 2010 at 5:46 am

I bought some of those ridiculous marshmallows! I actually wrote about their craziness on my blog too :)