links: food

Tea & Cookies: How To Make Fresh Pasta (for Karen).

Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe | Savory Sweet Life – Easy Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook.

How to make perfect vodka watermelon? | Ask MetaFilter.

How to Make Perfect Uniform Hamburger Patties | Savory Sweet Life/a>.

ALL THE WORLD…: Happy Birthday Mack!!. This aquarium cake is very very cool, via Design Mom.

Tool Crush: KitchenAid Pasta Press Attachment | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn. Oh my gosh, a pasta extruder. And it even makes bucatini (hollow spaghetti).

Deliciousness in a glass « Busywork. This caramel sauce sounds divine, I’ll make it soon.

Archaeo-alcohology, tasting Dogfish Head’s Theobroma beer. Via The Morning News.

· comments [7] · 06-2-2010 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 Elle Sees // Jun 2, 2010 at 5:40 am

Holy crap that cake is amazing, but uh, how do you eat it? Other than the base that is…

• 2 Alison // Jun 2, 2010 at 6:07 am

I don’t know about the pasta extruder…I stuggle so much with my hand crank machine. I’m afraid I’d lose a finger to the pasta extruder, as much as I love my Kitchen Aid.

• 3 Megan // Jun 2, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I always seen food things out and about that remind me of something you might like, like these tiny Parker House rolls. I like the idea of serving rolls this way…

• 4 Seanna Lea // Jun 2, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Wow. I want the pasta extruder. I don’t use my hand crank pasta maker very often, because I have a skill that turns making things that are supposed to be quick into productions. A lot of the time a little extra machinery is what it takes to get it done without being all day about it! (And I want to make that cake… Maybe I can do it for next weekend.)

• 5 Kat // Jun 2, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I bit the bullet and bought the previous version of Kitchen Aid’s pasta maker attachment. I’ve never regretted any other expense as much as I do that one. It was a waste of money–a total flop. Every year or so I take it out and think that I should give it another go. Every time? Failure. Big Fat Failure, to be exact.
    I’m not going to fall for this new pasta maker gadget from them….no way.
    PS I LOVE my professional mixer, espresso machine, and other KA items, just not the pasta wrecker.

• 6 megan // Jun 2, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Kat – Interesting to hear! I’ve gotten tons of personal recommendations for the KA pasta rollers. Is that what you’re talking about? Or was there a previous version of the extruder?

Seanna Lea – Hee hee, I have that skill too :)

Megan – Those are amazing!

Elle – I suspect the base is mainly the part meant to be eaten. But still, amazing.

• 7 Kat // Jun 3, 2010 at 2:08 pm

It’s an extruder that attaches to the meat grinder attachment. So, yes, I had to buy two attachments, and all fer nuthin’!