good strawberries and Magic Juice

strawberries on the edges of glasses

Strawberries have been good this year, have you noticed? Apparently growing conditions have produced a wealth of them but they won’t be available for long (something I overheard at my local market but didn’t get a chance to learn about in more detail, so take it as you will). Some of the nice spring days here in Seattle recently have been very, very nice, so when we found ourselves both home for dinner I made hot dogs, the Magic Juice from Design*Sponge, and we had our first picnic dinner on the porch. The Magic Juice is refreshing, subtle, not too sweet, and really delicious. If you have not tried it yet I hereby recommend you find the intersection of a warm evening, free time and good company and try it out. I hope all three find you this weekend!

· comments [9] · 05-21-2010 · categories:drink · food ·

• 1 Robin Humphrey // May 21, 2010 at 10:18 am

I just got the best deal on strawberries the other day and have been eating them like crazy! I was JUST thinking last night they have been extra yummy thus far.

• 2 Paola // May 21, 2010 at 12:03 pm

GORGEOUS photo. You’re getting very good at this photography business…

• 3 megan // May 21, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Paola – Aw thanks, but I suspect the news lens has a lot to do with it.

• 4 Carrie Anne // May 21, 2010 at 3:26 pm

‘Magic Juice’ looks sooo good. I’ve been trying to ease my way into making cocktails but it’s all so intimidating. This seems doable.

We’ve had so many strawberries lately I’ve been using the less-than-perfect or overripe ones for Balsamic Strawberries: http://thelittlebig.wordpress.com/2010/05/11/recipe-balsamic-strawberries/ Yum.

• 5 kimbo west // May 22, 2010 at 1:48 pm

gave you an award at my blog (kimboscrafts.blogspot.com)

• 6 Clearly Composed // May 23, 2010 at 6:01 pm

The strawberries in Northern California have been so freakin’ good this year! I am definitely trying the magical juice. :)

• 7 Lilly // May 24, 2010 at 1:19 am

Researched for ya! http://www.girlhacker.com/archives/11012

Seems we’re in “berry sync”. :-)

• 8 megan // May 24, 2010 at 8:51 am

Thanks Lilly! I saw your post this morning. I’m glad to know the local strawberries are coming soon.

• 9 Heather // May 24, 2010 at 8:27 pm

I tried the Magic Juice tonight, and I liked it a lot (my husband was not so sure– I think it was the mint). I wish the recipe made more, though. It seems like a lot to go through for two small servings, and there was a lot of waste involved.