Cakespy Shop grand opening party report

[Cakespy Shop cupcakes with printed designs]

Last weekend we headed to the Cakespy Shop grand opening party. Jessie, of course, had cupcakes but they were made extra special by sporting her own artwork. These were madey by Trophy Cupcakes, the images were edible. Fantastic.

[cupcake with portrait of Jessie and Danny]

This one is Jessie and Danny, her husband, standing outside the store. How sweet!

[the crowd at the opening party]

There was a crowd there the whole time we hung out. Danny’s band Exohxo played two sets. I must get out to see that band soon.

[two dozen tiny Capitol Hill Cakespy watercolors]

Upstairs her collection of Capitol Hill themed images were displayed, along with a hello letter:

[Hello Capitol Hill letter, poster sized]

I really loved this little note hanging over a chair that invites you to sit down:

[small note that welcomes you to sit down]

[Dave Sheely Designs jewelry]

I spotted some of Dave Sheely’s jewelry in the shop, and we ran into Paola of mirrormirror with her husband and daughter, and I also got to meet Carrie, the owner of Bella Cupcake Couture!

[tempura battered bacon]

Then we went across the street to have cocktails on the deck of the Capitol club and eat this tempura battered bacon with spicy chocolate dipping sauce. It was delicious but half of one piece was already too much.

· comments [11] · 05-10-2010 · categories:seattle ·

• 1 meaghan (chic cookies) // May 10, 2010 at 12:30 pm

CakeSpy is the cleverest. Such a space makes me wish I had followed that “I wanna move to Seattle” dream I had back in ’94. Sigh. DC needs a CakeSpy gallery.

• 2 jamieofalltrades // May 10, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Dang! I missed it. I have got to get up there soon and check it out. Those cupcakes are too cute!

• 3 Jenny // May 10, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Bummed to have missed the big opening shebang but looking forward to checking it out! Looks like a swell time. (I might pass on that tempura bacon & chocolate though … ;)

• 4 LauraVW // May 11, 2010 at 8:01 am

Looks great! I will add this to my list of places to go when we’re next in Seattle.

• 5 tea_austen // May 11, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I’m sorry I missed seeing you there (I was on the late shift). I LOVE your shot from the upstairs gallery. Awesome!

Though I’m not sure how I feel about deep fried bacon. That’s either wrong, or really, really right.

• 6 Leftovers: The Day’s Stray Links « Catering Directory // May 12, 2010 at 3:38 pm

[...] Cakespy Shop in Seattle: Photos from the grand opening! We are there in spirit, Cakespy. [NotMartha] [...]

• 7 Tegan // May 12, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Argh! Wish I was in Seattle! America has all the good stuff, like cupcake shors and Pop Tarts. No chance of a Cakespy or Trophy Cupcakes in Melbourne, Australia??? No? Damn.
    xx

• 8 malia // May 13, 2010 at 10:29 am

Yay! I live in Seattle– can’t wait to go here!

• 9 Jenny // May 13, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Well darn it, I went to the grand opening (those cupcakes were SO moist!) and missed you – I would have liked to have met you at last. Maybe at the next event, eh?

• 10 Jennifer // May 16, 2010 at 10:48 am

Where can I find those octopus necklaces I see in the background?

• 11 megan // May 16, 2010 at 11:20 am

Jennifer – I’m afraid you’ll have to call the Cakespy shop to find out. They might be able to ship it to you.