thing I like: Sephora’s Fresh Gloss

[a tube of lip gloss on my desk, with an iPhone and my sunglasses, a totally unrealistic portrait of my desk truthfully]

My current favorite lip gloss is Sephora’s Fresh Gloss. It looks shimmery pink in the tube but it goes on clear and glossy. But it’s not overly glossy, it’s more of an everyday glossy instead of a look at my lips! look at them! sort of glossy. I like it because it feels very moisturizing, goes on tingly and stays an admirably long time. The mint is meant to freshen your breath and while I don’t use it for that specific reason, hey, every bit helps. The tube is small and easy to keep in a purse, and it’s price doesn’t make me wince. (And now that I’ve declared I like it I’m certain it will immediately be discontinued forever and ever.)

· comments [13] · 04-28-2010 · categories:beauty ·

• 1 jen wheat // Apr 28, 2010 at 9:16 am

I’m glad to see your assessment of this gloss. I am not a gloss fan because I always feel like it is too sticky and I end up with my hair stuck in it.

• 2 megan // Apr 28, 2010 at 9:29 am

Jen – This might be too sticky for your liking. I find I need the staying power so I put up with stickiness, but I usually wear my hair up. Sephora has a great return policy so if one is nearby you might give it a try.

• 3 Nadia // Apr 28, 2010 at 9:47 am

I totally agree with this! I am usually more of a balm or lipstick girl, but I am a big fan of Sephora’s lipglosses. I usually hate sticky glosses, but somehow these are just sticky enough!!

• 4 Carrie // Apr 28, 2010 at 9:48 am

I really like this gloss as well. If you sign up for the Sephora Insider, you can get a coupon for a free 3 pack of gloss on your birthday. (This was true last year, at least.) Free stuff is good!

• 5 Erin // Apr 28, 2010 at 11:22 am

I love your tips, and you are hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. “look at them!”

• 6 Seanna Lea // Apr 28, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I love the idea of lip gloss, but I have never even been able to walk past a Sephora without getting headaches from all of the perfumes and makeup smells in the air.

• 7 Clearly Composed // Apr 28, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I like the idea of this gloss since the whole super shiny I just ate a greasy pork chop look is sometimes a bit much with other glosses. I like a stickier gloss too. Stila’s has great staying power as well. I’ll add this one to my wish list. :)

• 8 Jen // Apr 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm

This year’s Sephora Beauty Insider gift is an eye pencil, a shadow and some mascara, but up here in Toronto, Canada at least, the lip gloss trio from last year is still available as an alternative.

(I am quite fond of the silver green eye pencil in the birthday gift, myself.)

• 9 southern hostess // Apr 28, 2010 at 8:20 pm

I will have to try it! I’m always looking for new Sephora finds.

• 10 Elle Sees // Apr 29, 2010 at 6:47 am

I would like to see what the applicator looks like on the gloss.

• 11 megan // Apr 29, 2010 at 8:25 am

Elle Sees – It’s a standard hard plastic slanted tip, like the Vaseline in a tube. I like that I don’t have to use a finger to apply it.

• 12 MAC Superglass Lip Glosses | The Beauty Breakdown // May 3, 2010 at 9:37 pm

[...] thing I like: Sephora’s Fresh Gloss (notmartha.org) [...]

• 13 Angela // Apr 20, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I love how you use all different brands and things! Great blog!