links: food

Sprinkle Bakes: Easiest Ever Rustic Apple Tart.

Kitchen Hack: Use Your Toaster to Heat Taco Shells | Serious Eats.

Recipe: Smoky Deviled Eggs with Greek Yogurt | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn.

“In case you missed it, back in the fall the food surgeons at Cook’s Illustrated challenged young and scrappy food52 to a recipe duel.” – food52. Interesting!

Not So Humble Pie: Wild Yeast. How to create your own sourdough starter

How to Make Clarified Butter – David Lebovitz.

Design*Sponge » behind the bar: chelsea + tec petaja’s “magic juice”.

Seattle’s Top Five Veggie Burgers – Seattle Restaurants and Dining – Voracious.

Help me invent a smokey, whiskey based cocktail. | Ask MetaFilter.

Helen Jane’s White Sangria Recipe | helenjane.com. Bring on summer.

Celery Root Remoulade (Celeri Rémoulade) – David Lebovitz.

Tea & Cookies: Umeboshi in Italy. I must try this simple salad dressing.

The Curious Cook – Why Cilantro Tastes Like Soap, for Some – NYTimes.com. I feel about orange zest the way lots of people feel about cilatro, I wonder if it has distant a poison association the way cilantro does. Any other orange zest non-toleraters out there?

Rob Gunnison’s Gin and Tonic for Two | dooce. I see some serious time on the deck this summer with Scott and I sipping these.

Public Pie in Lambrate (NOTCOT). These pies baked in muffin tins that Jean found in Milan are adorable.

· comments [7] · 04-22-2010 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 katy // Apr 22, 2010 at 9:53 am

I’d add 74th St. Ale House in Phinney Ridge to that list of best veggie burgers. It is served on a flat bread, and has the best sauce, similar to Red Mill’s famous Mill sauce, but without the smokey, spice. Gulp.

• 2 Bissy // Apr 22, 2010 at 10:37 am

Yes, major lemon zest non-supporter right here! Love cilantro, abhor all zest.

• 3 Amy W // Apr 22, 2010 at 11:17 am

I response to the cilantro, I read this book, Survival of the Sickest,
    it is full of crazy crazy evolutionary things that affect some of us and not others with funny reasons why.

• 4 Tina R // Apr 22, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Finally something to back up my anti-cilantro taste buds!

Here in Southern Arizona it’s very difficult to avoid cilantro… even the guacamole that’s mixed in with the carne asade burritos contains cilantro… bah humbug!

• 5 tobias cooks! // Apr 22, 2010 at 3:15 pm

good collection. will read into this.

• 6 splatgirl // Apr 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I had a friend who was adverse to zest of any kind. Even if it was just a pinch of zest in a large batch of something, she couldn’t stand it.
    Myself? I heart the zest and the cilantro.

WRT sourdough starter, throw a raisin into the flour/water mixture for no fail, quick results. Or email me and I’ll send whoever wants some for the price of postage.

• 7 Elizabeth // Apr 28, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Love lemon zest and cilantro. Absolutely, hate orange zest and never use it. But I’m also not a fan of orange juice in any food–it’s good on it’s own to drink though.