links: travel

This is interesting! As a form of volcano relief Lonely Planet is offering a bunch of their city iPhone guides for free (they normally start around $16) through April 22nd (that’s in two days, so hurry!). This includes the Paris guide I used during our recent trip, and has an offline location aware map, which is fantastic to use while avoiding roaming charges. I’m not sure if all the city guides have them, but I would expect they do.

I found this news at David Lebovitz, who is offering his suggestions on 10 Things to Do If You’re Stuck in Paris. If you are stuck in Paris you have both my sympathy and my envy.

· comments [7] · 04-20-2010 · categories:iphone · links · travel ·

• 1 Seanna Lea // Apr 20, 2010 at 11:45 am

Mostly this is a random comment for the HTCE post. I don’t have an iPod Touch or an iPhone, but I would happily wait for the vegetarian version anyway!

• 2 Dalila // Apr 20, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Thanks for the tip, Megan!

• 3 Maude // Apr 20, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Thanks, Megan – a great tip since I’m going to Paris in 2 weeks . . . really enjoy your blog.

• 4 Elle Sees // Apr 21, 2010 at 5:51 am

Ah! This is so exciting! I downloaded them all, eventhough I’ve been to most of the places listed. I don’t have an Ipod Touch/Phone but I have family members that do, and they will love it. Thanks for the info!
    I wanna go to Barcelona! Anyone been?

• 5 nazila // Apr 21, 2010 at 10:39 am

Awesome links Megan.

I left Brussels for Washington DC on Wednesday. Had we stayed another day, I would be stuck somewhere in Lueven or some other god forsaken Wallonian city wishing that I could route myself to Kinshasa-Rio-Dallas-Seattle.

Or maybe not.

In any case, the rest of the folks at the meeting TH was attending are now stuck in Europe – unless they trained it down south.

Nazila

• 6 Jan // Apr 21, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Thanks for this link – really good app !

• 7 Celia // Apr 22, 2010 at 12:40 pm

UHM HELLO, this is great! Thanks for sharing! We’re planning a trip to vienna, so this was perfect timing and it’s free?! YAY!