links: beauty

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Moroccan Oil. For your hair, looks magical.

Trainer Tells All – What I Have Learned About Health and Fitness. “The eat low-fat advice was the biggest health disaster in the last 30 years.” Via Kottke.

Beauty 101: Your Eyeliner Woes, Solved – Jezebel.

· comments [15] · 04-13-2010 · categories:beauty · links ·

• 1 Jess // Apr 13, 2010 at 1:44 am

The Moroccan Oil makes me think of Wen hair products whose hours-long advertisements always seem to capture my attention. I’ve used a bit of olive oil on the ends of my hair in the summer time for years to help heal sun damage, but have never thought of using oil for other reasons! I’m so curious to hear if you decide to use it!

• 2 Erin N. // Apr 13, 2010 at 5:18 am

I use Moroccan Oil on my hair. It’s so nice and it smells so good. Kind of like Thin Mints… but in a way that still smells nice on your hair =D

• 3 sassypriscila // Apr 13, 2010 at 6:34 am

I love using Moroccan Oil. A little goes a long way. The smell is awesome but it might compete with a cologne. I don’t wear cologne, though.

• 4 Tracy // Apr 13, 2010 at 6:58 am

My hairdresser used Moroccan Oil on my hair last time I got a cut and I’ve been looking for it in stores (most recently, Sephora last weekend) but it is apparently a salon only product. My hair is shoulder length and a little frizzy and it added moisture to it.

My sister-in-law ordered Wen this week and I’m anxious to hear how it goes for very, very thick her. How have I missed this infomercial?!

• 5 Jennifer // Apr 13, 2010 at 9:17 am

I just started using Moroccan Oil Shampoo/Conditioner about a month ago, and I feel like not only has it kept my hair from becoming more damaged, but it might have even made parts of it healthier. I’m officially hooked, and interested in trying the actual oil next. You should do a review of it if you’re already using it!

• 6 Michelle // Apr 13, 2010 at 12:40 pm

AMEN to the low fat debacle! Finally the message is getting out. Thanks for posting that link!!!

• 7 Making it Lovely // Apr 13, 2010 at 12:56 pm

It is a little magical. ;)

• 8 beauty // Apr 13, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I don’t really get this. How is this Moroccan Oil so good for your hair? Can it really make it healthier and protect it from damaging? I hope you can help me with this question and also If you are interested in more beauty related topics you can visit http://rinsite.com/beauty/skin-care.html .

• 9 megan // Apr 13, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I’m afraid I cannot say anything about Moroccan Oil as I have not used it myself, I bookmarked the link to remind myself to try it should I come across some.

• 10 megan b. // Apr 13, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I can say *absolument* to the moroccan oil. just picked up my 3rd bottle today. The tiny bottles last me almost 6 months. Smells like heavenly white musk. A dime sized drop on damp hair before blow drying makes my hair so incredibly shiny and soft. Please do yourself a favor — you’ll love it.

• 11 lisa // Apr 13, 2010 at 8:26 pm

i LOVE Moroccan Oil! I have fine, thin hair – to avoid greasy roots I only apply at the ends and only use it every other day. it makes my hair so much softer and smoother. an added bonus, there is something in the oil that repels water and makes my hair dry so much faster. it is expensive, but is worth every cent. you can buy it on the internet at amazon.

• 12 365 :: april 12, 2010 « the card catalog // Apr 13, 2010 at 8:45 pm

[...] anybody ever used moroccan oil? i’ve read about it on two trustworthy sites now (not martha | making it lovely) and the comments on both posts lead me to believe i might be missing out on [...]

• 13 Marthachick // Apr 14, 2010 at 7:50 am

That oil has a lot of silicones in it, according to the Beauty Brain. Just be forewarned that silicones ultimately make your hair dryer. It’s not a fix — it’s a coverup.

Me, I love plain ol’ jojoba oil for my skin and hair. It’s most like the natural oils our glands produce. And I have fine, thin, dry hair.

• 14 Tracy // Apr 14, 2010 at 11:34 am

I just ordered some. Finally.

• 15 mtwelovett // Apr 19, 2010 at 8:17 am

Thanks so much for the eyeliner link!! I’ve struggled with this for so long, and who knew it would be such a simple fix for me. I’d tried the pencils and pens with marginal success, but the powder (eyeshadow) with a brush REALLY works for me, and is the soft look I’ve been trying to achieve all along!