Liberty of London at Target

Liberty of London for Target products

In case you haven’t heard yet, the Liberty of London line for Target stores is coming out this Sunday, March 14th. It’s terribly exciting. I’m hoping to find a few of the softer goods to mail to a friend, and maybe something breakable for myself. You find the whole line, at least in thumbnail format, here on the Target website.

If you live in the UK some of the items are available for pre-order through the Liberty of London website, though I’m curious to see how the prices on those will compare to the goods in the Target stores.

stainless steel stockpots

While I’m talking about Target I’ll mention that I found myself staring at the Giada De Laurentiis products and I like the look of her stainless steel pots with metal lids. The 2-quart saucepan and 6-quart stock pot looked nice, and thankfully come without any sort of rubber of plastic on the handles. (As I say this, though, I should mention that the pots I find myself using most often are my 1-quart and 4-quart sizes, both celebrity lines that I found discounted at TJ Maxx.)

stainless steel sauce pots

The extra large slotted spoon (more like a pasta strainer) looked great to me too, but I didn’t buy it because none of the utensils come with loops on the handles for hanging. It looks like they had to go to some effort to design packaging to allow it to hang it for display:

handles of loop-less utensils hanging in the store

· comments [18] · 03-13-2010 · categories:shopping ·

• 1 Rebecca // Mar 13, 2010 at 7:15 am

I am so excited for Liberty of London to arrive at Target! I stopped by this week to peek to see if they would release some items early but no luck. I hope I can make it back before it all sells out!

• 2 Mim // Mar 13, 2010 at 7:21 am

I was at my local Target yesterday and was able to pick up a blouse and a small bin for myself. I told my husband I HAD to get them then because they would be gone if I waited until next week.

• 3 Nicole // Mar 13, 2010 at 7:57 am

The Giada line looks promising. Jamie Oliver’s pots and pans are popping up at TJ the past few weeks.

The liberty bike is lovely but it’s already sold out.

• 4 Vespabelle // Mar 13, 2010 at 8:30 am

My local Target (cascade station in pdx) had their Liberty out on Thursday! The quilts looked really nice and are richly colored and I liked the ceramic bowls. The pillows sadly felt cheap ( poly satin.) I didn’t see any of the non houseware items.

• 5 ivonne // Mar 13, 2010 at 8:56 am

Liberty Of London also has a collection with MAC Cosmetics right now. It’s pretty cute packaging and the color collection isn’t too shabby either

• 6 Mrs. Kinne // Mar 13, 2010 at 9:14 am

I am ridiculously excited for the Liberty of London line at Target. Thank you for posting that link– it was the first I had seen with prices listed.

Now, I can start strategizing….

• 7 ana // Mar 13, 2010 at 10:15 am

How bizarre. You have TJ Maxx; in the UK, we have TK Maxx. Do they do different initials for different countries? It’s too much of a coincidence for them to be completely different shops.
    (ps. sorry if I am the only person in the world who doesn’t know this already)

• 8 K // Mar 13, 2010 at 10:23 am

Gosh, Liberty is gorgeous. I have mixed feelings about this, but I admit it is going to be exciting to have more of their items in my price range!

ana, I lived in the UK for a while and wondered what the deal was with that too. It’s the same shop, I believe; I wonder if TJ was already associated with something in the UK. BTW, Target carries Boots toiletries now too!

• 9 K // Mar 13, 2010 at 10:29 am

Ah, have perused the thumbnails and now am swoooooning.

• 10 growler // Mar 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm

My girlfriend was at a preview event late last year for the Giada stuff. She got the 2-qt. pan free, and it’s nice. According to her, the other stuff is nice too. Giada is also going to have a coffee-shop type deal opening in Target.

• 11 Lynn // Mar 13, 2010 at 1:44 pm

The Liberty of London was available at my local Target as of yesterday. I was disappointed that most of the women’s clothing is polyester fabric. However, since I am petite with a modest bust line, I did find two maxi sundress as part of the girls’ clothing line that are 100% cotton. The bust is smocked. I bought both prints in the XL girls’ size.

• 12 Natalie // Mar 13, 2010 at 11:32 pm

It looks so pretty, I can’t wait to see it. I love Target’s collaborations!

• 13 MJ // Mar 14, 2010 at 6:25 am

Liberty of London also collaborated with French store Merçi on some housewares, too–I wrote a bit about this on my blog. Did you see it when you were in Paris?

• 14 megan // Mar 14, 2010 at 9:33 am

MJ – I’m afraid not, I hope it’s lovely stuff.

• 15 Jessica // Mar 14, 2010 at 1:08 pm

The Liberty of London pieces online are pretty cute, but there’s nothing that I *must* have. I might buy some of the pajamas – they’re adorable!

• 16 Jenn // Mar 14, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I went to my local Target today and the Liberty stuff was mostly gone…either that or the employees haven’t put everything out yet. There were big Liberty of London signs, but the shelves were bare. I did manage to snag a piggy bank though!

• 17 carol // Mar 14, 2010 at 8:38 pm

i saw some liberty of london clothing yesterday at target. i was sooo excited, but then super disappointed that nearly every piece was polyester, which i cannot wear. ah well. very cute prints though!

• 18 whatiwore // Mar 15, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Those drinking glasses have my name all over them. Thank you!