Kirby Krackle at the Emerald City Comicon

Kerby Krackle at the ECCC

This weekend Scott will be doing at gig at the Emerald City Comic Con, he plays bass for Kirby Krackle. They’ll be performing tomorrow (Sunday the 14th) in Room 3AB at 2 p.m. And get this, the Marvel Comics Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada will be joining them on guitar. It must not be missed*. (And hey, you’ll have time since the Focus on Felicia Day panel was canceled as she is currently filming in Canada. (I mean this lovingly, I would have been in the Felicia Day panel too. (Shh, don’t tell Scott.)))

We visited the con today and it was packed so I didn’t get pictures. But we saw the most adorable Dahlek costume on a very small child, and we saw Keith Knight and Bob the Angry Flower in real life. And Bob, I mean, Stephen was actually wearing the flower on his head. (I have a old story that involves me seeing a K Chronicles on the wall of my dentist’s office and she mentioning that oh, yeah, he did that for her because he comes in to that office, and concludes with me excitedly freaking out for a bit. The end.) And from a middle of a pack of people slowly milling past we spotted Wil Wheaton and Lou Ferrigno.

On our way back I spotted this real (?) old red phone box from the UK outside of a pub.

And this morning I actually succeeded in making pancakes (for some reason mine usually turn out poorly). It was important enough to deserve a photo:

* Just wait until I tell you who they are on the bill with for a con in Phoenix.

· comments [13] · 03-13-2010 · categories:events ·

• 1 Jilliana // Mar 13, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Elephant and Castle is a british pub-themed chain that puts those phone booths outside of each location. They’re pretty cool little establishments, despite being a franchise. We used to love the one in Honolulu.

• 2 megan // Mar 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Jilliana – Thanks for the info. I wonder if the booths are real? Friends in the UK report they are disappearing from the cities there and being replaced by more modern ones.

• 3 Jamey // Mar 14, 2010 at 2:27 am

It’s funny to me that anyone has named anything after the Elephant and Castle – it’s one of the grimmest, most unpleasant giant roundabouts in London, with a sad, ugly shopping centre off to the side. I certainly hope the pub is nicer!

I only see ‘authentic’ phone boxes in tourist parts of town. None in my ‘hood, sadly!

• 4 Lula // Mar 14, 2010 at 6:51 am

I’ve been reading your blog for years and have never commented until you showed us your delicious pancakes. That breakfast looks so tasty!!

• 5 justJENN // Mar 14, 2010 at 9:39 am

Wish I was at ECCC this year, from what I’ve read already sounds like it’s a blast!

• 6 Cira // Mar 15, 2010 at 9:54 am

I had no idea Scott’s band was Kerby Krackle! Will you be attending Phoenix Comicon with him in May? My band (Kitsune Robot) will also be playing that show. I’ll be sure to stick around to see Scott’s show! :)

• 7 megan // Mar 15, 2010 at 10:01 am

Cira – He’s in a few other bands and does his own songwriting as well, busy stuff. That’s awesome that your band will be in Phoenix, I was considering coming down in the hopes of getting to meet James Marsters (I’m a Whedonverse fan). If I’m there I’ll seek you out!

• 8 Kate // Mar 15, 2010 at 2:47 pm

There are E & C’s down in the US? I didn’t know that. I thought they were just in Canada.

• 9 KatieK // Mar 15, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I had no idea Scott was in Kirby Krackle! We met a couple of the band members at WonderCon in SF. Our youngest son is a big fan and on the mailing list. Thanks for the info about the new CD – just bought it! (oh, and my son – Jacob – pointed out that you spelled Kirby Krackle wrong :)

• 10 megan // Mar 15, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Katie – Yay! What a coincidence. And thanks to Jacob for pointing out the spelling error, goes to show why I shouldn’t update my site mid-busy-weekend. I’m so embarrassed.

• 11 giddy girlie // Mar 16, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Small nerd world! We met/chatted with the Kirby Krackle folks at the Long Beach comic con last October. My husband is a DC artist, so we travel to a lot of the shows (although LB is local for us) and he’s also in a band, so he was interested to hear them and talk to them, etc. I think they all went out with our friends who own the Comic Bug? I can’t remember now… but we have the cd! :)

We will also be in Phoenix Comicon and I’ll be exhibiting some of my crafty nonsense. We’ll definitely try to come see Kirby Krackle! :) I’ll be the one copycating your style with my new Teva boots! ;-)

• 12 megan // Mar 16, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Giddy Girlie – No way! What a small world. Scott was indeed at the Long Beach con. I might just have to come to the Phoenix show after all in the chance to get to meet you. (Though, I’d have to find the $ to make it out there, which would be the only thing stopping me.) Also, Kirby Krackle has a new CD out just now!

• 13 Emerald City Comic Con 2010 Picture Set 1 « Alternating Reality Books // Mar 18, 2010 at 5:12 pm

[...] Kerby Krackle at the Emerald City Comicon (notmartha.org) [...]