I’ve been seeing my little camera everywhere

Canon S90 and leather case in the J Crew catalog

I spotted my camera (the Canon S90) and it’s nifty leather case in a recent Men’s J. Crew catalog. It reminded me to let you know that after dragging it all over Paris I am thoroughly happy. The case was easy to get into and out of, and the camera is small enough to stay with me all the time and it takes pretty good pictures in low light situations. And, it takes pictures in RAW. Awesome.

· comments [10] · 03-12-2010 · categories:shopping · technology ·

• 1 Martha // Mar 12, 2010 at 6:56 am

I got one for my birthday in February and I can’t stop recommending it either!

• 2 Sarah @ Daily Nibbles // Mar 12, 2010 at 7:08 am

I just took my first RAW photos last night! I have an older Nikon and finally got Lightroom to edit them. It’s awesome. I wish I had been shooting in RAW sooner.

I’ve been looking for a smaller camera that works well in low-light. A few friends recommended the Panasonic Lumix…..but your Canon S90 looks like an excellent option.

• 3 megan // Mar 12, 2010 at 8:29 am

Sarah – When I was looking for cameras enough people recommended the Lumix that I took a serious look at it. The reasons I chose the S90 is because my other small cameras have been Canons, and I have the Canon XSi. I really did like the look ok of the Lumix camera, but the S90 was smaller and since I was looking for it to carry with me everywhere that was important. But the Lumix cameras I saw were very cute and retro looking.

• 4 Halie // Mar 12, 2010 at 12:03 pm

I saw this spread in Jcrew and fell in love with the camera. So glad you recommended it. Where did you find yours?

• 5 KT // Mar 12, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Cute leather case! I’m sad that my Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS “Digital Elph” (the tiny camera with the very long name!) absolutely SUCKS at low-light situations. Basically anything other than fully daylight is considered low-light. :( I’ve made good use of my gorillapod tripod and the 2-second delay shooting mode for still-life. Anything that moves, though – blurry as heck.

• 6 megan // Mar 12, 2010 at 12:10 pm

KT – That is too bad! I bought the S90 because of how well it does with low light, otherwise it’s actually a bit heavier than I would have chosen.

• 7 megan // Mar 12, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Halie – I bought this camera a at Seattle camera store called Glazer’s Camera, you can also find it at Amazon.com. It was just about the same price both places.

• 8 Krystel // Mar 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm

(Crazy, my initials are KT, too!) While I have adored my Canon Elph something happened to it around the holidays where now the photos it takes are all super-grainy. Sad days! I loved the size as I kept it in my purse and could just snap random things that struck my fancy all over town! I’m so glad you did all this though as I immediately thought of your search for a similar size camera but with RAW abilities!

• 9 Lindsey // Mar 15, 2010 at 9:55 am

Oh my goodness, I flippin love that leather case. I sometimes lust over old cameras simply because of their gorgeous half cases. Love! Perhaps it’s time to trade in my SD880 for the S90…

• 10 Heather // Mar 16, 2010 at 9:43 am

I love, love, love my S90. By far the best non-SLR out there if you like manual settings.