A Good Weekend

a blueberry muffin and coffee mug at Curio

Breakfast and knitting at Curio Confections.

small white scissors sitting on my knit hat

I like these little white scissors from Muji, the cover means I can throw it in with the yarn without worry.

a small sewing kit with scissors and three colors of thread

And while I’m at it, it amuses me that the Muji travel sewing kit only comes with white, gray and black thread.

cherry blossoms and blue, blue sky

a cherry blossom, close up

Then a stroll through the Arboretum to look at blossoms.

my bamboo tongs in front of the open oven, with a slice of bread under the broiler

And Sunday we decided that despite how much I like my bamboo tongs*, we really should get a new toaster.

* Dwell recently asked me about my favorite kitchen item and I went on and on about my bamboo tongs.

· comments [10] · 03-8-2010 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 LauraVW // Mar 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

The blossoms look lovely!
    We have some very similar toast tongs, bought for us in New Zealand by family. They have a little magnet on them which allows you to attach them in a convenient spot near the toaster. Very handy for avoiding burnt fingers when something gets stuck in the toaster!

• 2 megan // Mar 8, 2010 at 8:34 am

That magnet is smart! I might attach one to my tongs.

• 3 mixette // Mar 8, 2010 at 9:30 am

Ha ha! We are big fan of those bamboo tongs too. Top two uses are for reaching toast that has stuck in the wonky (Dualit – pretty but *awful*) toaster, and squeezing water out of the tea bag.

• 4 gribblette // Mar 8, 2010 at 12:56 pm

what are you knitting? love the color!

• 5 Amy // Mar 8, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Oh wow that sewing kit looks great! Lurve the cute scissors…I need some of those :D

• 6 megan // Mar 8, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Gribblette – I’m attempting to change the shaping of the Calorimetry a bit to cover my chilly earlobes. Those apple shaped post-it notes hold reminders on my favorite increases, decreases and 2×2 cast on and bind offs.

• 7 Seanna Lea // Mar 8, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I use the oven for toasting hamburger buns, so it seems perfectly reasonable to use it for toast as well. No toaster needed!

• 8 Jeannette // Mar 8, 2010 at 4:41 pm

The Bamboo Tongs would be a great band name!

• 9 Meg // Mar 8, 2010 at 4:57 pm

So cute about the little decrease note! I do exactly the same thing because I can never remember which direction they slant! I even have the same little post it notes!

• 10 Christine // Mar 8, 2010 at 6:51 pm

If you have the counter space, I highly recommend a toaster oven over a plain toaster. Besides toast, it is much more efficient than using the oven for heating leftovers (i.e. pizza).