Heart shaped foods for Valentine’s Day

various foods in the shape of hearts

Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, how did that happen? We’re mostly focused on other things (travel! yay!) but it didn’t quite stop my desire for a day spent making heart shaped foods.

first column, top to bottom

Beet ravioli, at Epicurious. (via).

Calimyrna Fig Hearts at Martha Stewart, also see the whole gallery, wow.

Heart shaped cherry tomatoes at Eye Candy, (via).

second column, top to bottom

Papa John’s heart shaped pizza, at Serious Eats.

Heart Shaped dumpling, at Chow.

Heart cookie cutters for the edge of a cup (inspiration for my gingerbread houses), at Kitchen Critic.

third column, top to bottom

Cinnamon Heart Lollipops at Women’s Day, (via).

Heart Shaped Whoopie Pies at Annie’s Eats, (via).

· comments [7] · 02-13-2010 · categories:holidays ·

• 1 HR // Feb 13, 2010 at 4:50 pm

The only thing that bites is that I couldn’t find the heart-shaped method of making dumplings @ Chow!

• 2 Mrs. Kinne // Feb 14, 2010 at 9:33 am

I did not know that Papa John’s did heart-shaped pizza…. That is pretty fantastic.

We just had heart-shaped chocolate-chip pancakes at the Kinne house. :)

• 3 AJ // Feb 14, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Those fig hearts are incredible – what a super idea! Great post all around!

• 4 greta // Feb 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm

we decided to go with the heart theme today, for the sake of the little one – heart and x/o pancakes for breakfast, heart shaped pizza from papa john’s for lunch, heart cookies… i wouldn’t have known about the pizza if it weren’t for reading about it here yesterday! thanks for sharing. it was fairly unappetizing as pizzas go (no flavor!) but it was cute. and the cinnapie thingy it came with was totally worth it.

• 5 Sarah @ Daily Nibbles // Feb 14, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Oh, I love the heart shaped whoopie pies! I’m in a pink mood this weekend. I just made pink cupcakes.

• 6 rachel // Feb 15, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I made Martha’s heart shaped pear raspberry tarts from this month’s issue, which I didn’t see on her recipe gallery, and they were delicious! Love all those hearts!

• 7 Incredible Links | Incredible Things // Feb 18, 2010 at 7:46 am

[...] for the James Bond Within You – Walyou 7 Weird Weddings Themes – 2leep Cute Heart Shaped Foods – Not Martha 9 Telephone Transitions that Rocked the Industry – WebUrbanist Top 10 Electric Cars – Unique [...]