links: food

got milk? Magic Straws, Chocolate Straws, Chocolate Candy, Milk Chocolate. Cocoa beads inside the straw! Via Vivacious Blueprint on Twitter.

Design*Sponge » small measures with ashley: infused sugars.

Thin Mint Cupcake Recipe from Trophy Cupcakes | Kelley Moore Creative Media. Via Seattle Tall Poppy on Twitter.

Perfect Popcorn Recipe | Simply Recipes. A method that gets all the kernels to pop at around the same time, neato.

How To Make Homemade Chicken Stock, Home Hacks | The Kitchn.

Your Bisquick recipe? | Ask MetaFilter. I’m going to make those sausage balls.

Kitchen Mysteries: What Makes Puff Pastry Puff? | The Kitchn. Love the puff pastry cups shown here.

How to Peel Celery Root | The Kitchn.

Boing! The Pogo Stick | The Pegu Blog. Optional garnish is a rock candy stick, awesome. Via Liqurious.

57 Varieties, Revealed. Via Kottke.

chocolate soufflé cupcakes with mint cream | smitten kitchen.

Chocolate Puddle Cookies Recipe – 101 Cookbooks.

· comments [11] · 02-11-2010 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 Jodie // Feb 11, 2010 at 7:50 am

I’ve been making/eating these sausage balls for years (though not with Cheez Whiz). They are dangerously addictive!

• 2 Rachel // Feb 11, 2010 at 8:01 am

Second on the sausage balls, delicious.

They are esp. good with a curry flavored dip.

• 3 Boing! The Pogo Stick | The Pegu Blog // Feb 11, 2010 at 11:48 am

[...] to Not Martha readers! It is Tiki Month here at the Pegu Blog, so please look around while you’re [...]

• 4 Jen // Feb 11, 2010 at 5:44 pm

that’s how I make popcorn, too, except without the removing from heat for 30 second. I’ve never heard of that part, and since basically everything else is the same, method and results, I’m going to say it’s hooey.

• 5 mamacita // Feb 11, 2010 at 6:41 pm

3rd-ing the sausage balls. I would like to know more about this curry-flavored dip. I just make them with spicy sausage. And with cheddar cheese, for God’s sake.

• 6 Kristie // Feb 12, 2010 at 3:23 am

Thanks for saving me many hours of blog searching looking for some good food ideas. I’m going to have to try a few things. Oh, and I’m loving your blog.

• 7 Sara L. // Feb 12, 2010 at 9:33 am

Oh, yes. Make the sausage balls. Or don’t, if you like your waistline where it is.

• 8 molly // Feb 13, 2010 at 8:23 am

oh man, what a list. the trophy cupcakes rock. but the 57 list tops ‘em all, hands down. seriously, heinz peanut butter?

• 9 maria // Feb 14, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I really like America’s Test Kitchen’s quick(er) chicken stock recipe. It’s so flavorful and amazing, and finished in about an hour.

• 10 Nic // Feb 17, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I make popcorn like that, except I only use 2 tbsp of oil (peanut or olive oil) and I add in 1 tbsp of regular sugar when I put in the rest of the kernals. TADA! kettle corn.

• 11 eCairn Says I’m Influential. Am I? | The Pegu Blog // Mar 15, 2011 at 5:34 am

[...] about that, I reach out to the, ahem, Rule 5 community. I link to myself relentlessly, and link anybody who has ever linked me, whenever I get an excuse. (That’s why I linked back to Instapundit above. I told you [...]