Cortona Cafe

Cortona Cafe

Here are some pictures of the Cortona Cafe on a happy Saturday morning spent knitting with friends. These were taken with the S90 set on automatic (as I have not read through the manual yet).

Cortona Cafe

I love the menu wall.

Cortona Cafe

They have a guitar you can use if you’d like.

Cortona Cafe

Cortona Cafe

Cortona Cafe

Cortona Cafe

Cortona Cafe

On auto the pictures seem a bit dark to me. (And perhaps that means they are true to life whereas I’m used to seeing photos online being cheerily bright – ?) I’ll just have to learn how to use the camera properly I suppose.

· comments [20] · 02-8-2010 · categories:misc ·

• 1 Melanie // Feb 8, 2010 at 6:20 am

I highly approve of cafes with bikes parked in them! Looks so nice, shame it’s not my local…

• 2 tNb // Feb 8, 2010 at 6:45 am

What a fantastic place! I love this first photo knitting with friends – such a lovely mood. :-)

• 3 erika // Feb 8, 2010 at 9:16 am

Love the window shot…..quintessential winter sun

• 4 Jodi Anderson // Feb 8, 2010 at 9:46 am

It looks like you’ve got quite a good handle on it already. Lovely!

I tend to put off reading manuals and instead stumble upon the features of how to use the camera.

• 5 Little Gray Pixel // Feb 8, 2010 at 10:10 am

I think these photos look great — and to think the pics are this sharp on auto! Then again, Canons are amazing. Have fun exploring all the options.

• 6 kickpleat // Feb 8, 2010 at 11:36 am

I’ve been wanting that camera so I’m glad the pictures are so lovely. And that cafe? Oh my. Looks like my ideal – chalkboard wall included. LOVE!

• 7 Paola // Feb 8, 2010 at 11:45 am

They’re great! And where is this?

• 8 Countervail // Feb 8, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I think the pictures look awesome. Keep in mind if your monitor is a little dim it may make you think the pictures are underexposed. On my calibrated monitors though they look great. Best thing to check is using the histogram feature of your camera or your picture application. It can show you measurable information about the exposure. http://tinyurl.com/8qpd Also, experiment with different light metering modes, evaluative vs. spot, to see if that makes a good difference.

• 9 tracy // Feb 8, 2010 at 1:13 pm

your pictures look perfect. not dark at all!!!
    this place looks heavenly btw. absolute HEAVEN. i especially love the top one…overview of the table.

• 10 Marissa // Feb 8, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Looks lovely! I love Herkimer coffee so I will have to make a jaunt over there!

• 11 Jess // Feb 8, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Megan, it looks like the Olowahu sandals have a piece that goes through the toes… am I wrong?

• 12 AlyCat // Feb 8, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Check this link about the Cortona Cafe. http://www.centraldistrictnews.com/2009/11/07/cortona-coffee-now-open
    This is my ‘hood and I wish them the best, but I personally don’t want my money going towards the mission of Mars Hill Church.

• 13 Sarah @ Vermontography // Feb 8, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Gah! That cafe is so stinkin’ cute:) I think the photos look great. I would like a point-and-shoot too. I just have a heavy slr.

• 14 megan // Feb 8, 2010 at 5:53 pm

AlyCat – Oh, bummer. I’m not keen on supporting Mars Hill Church either.

• 15 kat // Feb 8, 2010 at 10:47 pm

ooh. this place looks awesome! i’m heading up to seattle in may – putting this on the list!

• 16 barrie // Feb 9, 2010 at 9:44 am

i was gonna mention the mars hill thing too, but wasn’t sure how people felt about talking about religion on this blog. and i had no idea the affiliation until i mentioned this place to another knitting group.

• 17 wishful nals // Feb 9, 2010 at 10:09 am

i love the chalkboard!

• 18 Eliza // Feb 9, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Mars Hill was the first thing I thought of, too.

• 19 inge // Feb 9, 2010 at 7:21 pm

I love coffee with friends! We are moving soon and one thing I am going to do is making a chalk wall in my boys bedroom.
    Looks great!

• 20 Alva // Feb 14, 2010 at 5:44 am

You’re totally right, that menu wall is AWESOME! It never ceases to amaze me – the things you can create with just a wee bit of chalkboard paint! Thanks for sharing doll!