what I want for Christmas: last minute additions

Crafty Superstar book

Crafty Superstar: Make Crafts on the Side, Earn Extra Cash, and Basically Have It All is about selling your crafts online and in shows. I’m a huge fan of all the people profiled inside.

Snowy Village Cakelet pan from Williams Sonoma

Snowy Village Cakelet Pan from Williams-Sonoma, I’ve always resisted buying the specialty holiday bakeware from W-S but I don’t think I can let this one get away. Besides, it will go really well with the stacking chocolate evergreen tree molds I got ages ago from the old Martha Stewart catalog. (I miss that catalog.)

Lego Harry Potter video game for the PS3

How did I miss this? A Lego Harry Potter game! I mentioned before that the Lego games are a ridiculous amount of fun because you can play them together, and a lot of the puzzles need both of you to solve them. That and if your character should expire you simply pop back into existence, no waiting, no loading, no throwing you back to the start of a level. This game is years 1 to 4 which means there will be more games coming along, yay.

· comments [12] · 12-17-2009 · categories:shopping ·

• 1 ehme // Dec 17, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Thank you! I have been deep sighing about what to get a friend, and that book is perfect! Click, click, click it’s on the way. Hope you get all your presents!

• 2 Simple // Dec 17, 2009 at 1:03 pm

oh that Lego set looks awesome! Too good to pass up.

• 3 megan // Dec 17, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Simple – Just to be clear this is a video game, not a set of Lego blocks. You play little Lego people and when you expire you explode (in the cutest way) into a bunch of Lego bits.

• 4 danielle // Dec 17, 2009 at 2:11 pm

just FYI, the lego harry potter game isn’t out yet. i wish it was!

• 5 megan // Dec 17, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Maybe somebody will pre-gift it for me?

• 6 Seanna Lea // Dec 17, 2009 at 3:24 pm

I remember watching my husband playing the Lego Star Wars and it was a blast. I’m always interested in games that are both fun to play and fun to spectate.

• 7 mar // Dec 17, 2009 at 4:10 pm

The Lego Harry Potter games don’t come out until March 23, 2010 – just in time, my son informs me, for birthdays! ;-)

• 8 anh-minh // Dec 17, 2009 at 8:05 pm

I am totally buying that HP Lego game for my husband’s birthday next year. Thanks for sharing that! I had no idea such a thing existed.

• 9 Renee // Dec 18, 2009 at 10:01 am

Why are you people buying Lego Harry Potter for your husbands? I am 36, a teacher, and mom to 2 kids and I can’t wait to get it for myself!!!!!!!! Thanks for spreading the good word about this game!

• 10 katiebluebird // Dec 20, 2009 at 9:53 pm

I went to college with Grace! She is such a sweetheart, I’m so jazzed that you’re featuring her book!

• 11 grace // Dec 21, 2009 at 8:47 am

Woo! Thanks for including my book! If you want to get an autographed copy, you can order one directly from me at http://craftysuperstar.com!

• 12 scentsy mom // Jan 2, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Love the lego series, I had no idea there was a “Harry Potter” edition! … quick tip, “Game Stop” guarantees their used games, you can save lots of money buying games previously owned!