links: food

The Beer with the Green Label : Sierra Nevada tries to reclaim its cred – CHOW.

Suburban Bliss:: Did They Eat It: Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. We will be trying this soon. I’m so over that whole thing where the process of cooking stands in my immediate way of getting to eat.

Alcademics.com: Making Clear Ice by Releasing Trapped Air.

cream biscuits | smitten kitchen.

S’mores Pops · Edible Crafts.

D.I.Y. Peppermint Schnapps, at Outblush.

Dinner Tonight: Orecchiette with Braised Kale and Cauliflower | Serious Eats. Some of my favorite things all together!

shutterbean » Earl Grey Tea Cookies. These look absolutely delicious.

Sorghum, the New Pancake Pour – CHOW.

What is the best thing you ever found in your Chex Mix? | Ask MetaFilter.

Not your grandmother’s Chex Mix « The Foodie Scientist.

· comments [6] · 12-17-2009 · categories:food · links ·

• 1 Beth // Dec 17, 2009 at 7:07 am

Made those chicken tacos a few weekends ago and they were wonderful. Added some chipotle peppers for a kick. Delicious the next day for nachos. That recipe is a definitely a keeper – and not just because it’s easy.

And I totally agree with you – cooking is great, but sometimes it is too tedious for its own good.

• 2 Sally // Dec 17, 2009 at 8:25 am

I have made the Chicken Tacos before. The last time I did I was craving soupr SO… skip draining the beans and add a can of Cream of Chicken Soup. Makes a great soup served with tortilla chips and/or warmed flour tortillas.

• 3 Heidi Grether // Dec 17, 2009 at 3:58 pm

I’ve been putting sorghum on my pancakes since I was a little kid. My grandparents always had it in the cupboard but hardly ever had maple syrup. Now I like to mix the two. So yummy!

• 4 Kristy // Dec 17, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I’ve made the earl grey tea cookies before, and they were indeed delicious. I used a similar recipe from Real Simple magazine, but it didn’t have orange zest in it. Must try this version next time!

• 5 Bella // Dec 17, 2009 at 11:51 pm

We made those slow cook tacos from Suburban Bliss and oh my HELL–they were DELiCIOUS!

• 6 Amy@ New Nostalgia // Dec 20, 2009 at 9:02 am

these are some GREAT links! I’m getting overwhelmed by all the great blogs out there. Yours is quickly becoming a favorite of mine!
    I have the perfect friend to make the earl grey cookies for, can’t wait!!