Pumpkin Pie Variations

three-layer pumpkin pie disguised as a frosted cake, made by ExtremeHolidayIdeas.com

I love, love this cleverly disguised Extreme Pumpkin Pie over at Extreme Holiday Ideas. (Whom you might recognize from long running Extreme Pumpkins fame.) The layers of this pie are propped up in a very clever way, using lengths of Pirouette cookies.

a pie with three equal compartments for different fillings, made by Cakespy.com

The The Pumpkin-Apple-Pecan Pie made by Cakespy is fun, and would make sure that everybody’s pie needs are filled if your gathering isn’t three full-sized pies large.

mini pumpkin pies made in muffin tins, from Bakerella.com

And the Pumpkin Pie Bites from Bakerella are adorable and I want to make them immediately. See also the Thanksgiving mini pies made by Rakka Deer.

I also wanted to give a shout out (shout back?) for some pies baked in jars love from Bakerella and Brownies For Dinner (I wish I’d used larger jars too!).

I hope you all have a very yummy Thanksgiving!

· comments [7] · 11-25-2009 · categories:food · holidays ·

• 1 Amy's Stocking Stuffers // Nov 25, 2009 at 6:49 am

I think that 3-way pie is hysterical! But it’s the pumpkin pie bites that I’d be tempted to try. I always like the first few bites of my pumpkin pie, but I find a little goes a long way.

• 2 Jodie // Nov 25, 2009 at 7:02 am

Thanks for the pumpkin pie bites link. I always feel obliged to make a big pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, but not any more!

• 3 Ry Sal // Nov 25, 2009 at 9:16 am

Pumpkin Pie bites! Now those look like something I can make AND finish. Happy Thanksgiving – gobble.

• 4 Dabbled » Blog Archive » Happy Thanksgiving Link Day // Nov 25, 2009 at 9:37 am

[...] Pumpkin Pie Variations at not martha [...]

• 5 Seanna Lea // Nov 25, 2009 at 10:41 am

God. I cannot, abso-smurfa-lutely cannot, let my husband see the extreme pumpkin pie. He will force march me to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients and make this RIGHT NOW.

• 6 Pierre // Nov 28, 2009 at 11:49 am

Love the 3-thirds pie!

• 7 Maggie // Nov 29, 2009 at 8:22 am

I made those pumpkin pie bites for Halloween and they are addictive! Fair warning. I made the filling from that recipe into a pie for Thanksgiving and it is calling out to me from the fridge.